Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bad Cat 2x12 Cab - Original Sampson Era £325 - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bad Cat 2x12 Cab - Original Sampson Era £325

StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1268
edited September 2023 in Amps £
Made in 2001, this is the first incarnation of the Bad Cat 2x12, when the amps were basically re-badged Matchless amps.

This is the same cab as the Matchless ESD212 (new cost now around £1200) but with Bad Cat's proprietary Celestions loaded, which are no longer available. Pretty much as good as it gets in the world of guitar cabinets!

It's been very well looked after, and has spent almost all its life flight cased. It's only had studio use. There are some small nicks in the tolex so I've taken lots of pics.

£395 collected from near Glasgow / Edinburgh.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 326
    Collection only I presume?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm trying to think how I could courier it - I'm not sure I have a box big enough. If I do I'm happy to send it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bump
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1268
    edited September 2023
    Price drop bump - now £325
  • Badump
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
    What's the approximate weight of this?

interested in any trades at all?
  • The Matchless EDS212 is listed as 45lbs, and this is basically the same cab, so it should be very close to that.

Never say never! What do you have in mind?
  • thomasw88 said:
    What's the approximate weight of this?

interested in any trades at all?
    T
    2x12 zilla cab ( cream back and v type neo),
    Yamaha DXR10
    Zilla ported 1x12 with celestion copperback
    Few pedals and pickups knocking about.

I'm in South Aberdeenshire so meet up possible.. 
  • thomasw88 said:
    Yamaha DXR10

Definitely not looking for another cab - I've too many already and they're a bugger to post!

Want to DM me a list of pedals and things? To be honest I'm really looking for cash ultimately, but if I can sell pedals and pickups to the same value then maybe that's easier.
    edited October 2023
    thomasw88 said:
    Yamaha DXR10

Definitely not looking for another cab - I've too many already and they're a bugger to post!

Want to DM me a list of pedals and things? To be honest I'm really looking for cash ultimately, but if I can sell pedals and pickups to the same value then maybe that's easier.
    Actually I think I have too many cabs at the moment as well tbh..  so I'm out for the time being until I can reduce the number I have!.  Will have a ponder though.
  • Probably a daft question - does it come with the flight case?
  • Probably a daft question - does it come with the flight case?
    It doesn't, but for an extra £100 it could - which would also make posting it easier.