Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Jon Hopkins at the Proms - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Jon Hopkins at the Proms

What's Hot
ewalewal Frets: 2359
I wish I had watched this live. Some brilliant moments. Sometimes orchestral arrangements of electronic music are naff - this is a cut above, don't think you'd notice they were re-arrangements if you listened 'blind'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001ptyd?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile
The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    He's an excellent composer and electronic musician. Thanks for posting - I had read about this happening ages ago and then completely forgotten about it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    And a very talented versatile collaborator too.
    With King Creosote (Kenny Anderson)  'Diamond Mine' from 2011

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    And a very talented versatile collaborator too.
    With King Creosote (Kenny Anderson)  'Diamond Mine' from 2011

That was probably my album of the year in 2011. Saw them play it live twice too… the first gig with KT Tunstall on backing vox and some additional instrumentation…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter