Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Any strat with big headstock ( RW board preferably) for sale? - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Any strat with big headstock ( RW board preferably) for sale?

tabanotabano Frets: 90
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
looking for a big headstock strat preferably with rosewood board,SSS 
unfortunately I don’t think I can afford a 70s strat so a Japanese or Mexican or affordable USA will be fine,
can move around the £ 1K area..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I have a couple of strats, however, neither quite fits your request  :# one a large headstock MIM but HSS, one SSS MIJ but small headstock. However, Just in case they are of interest;
    1 - Large headstock Fender Mexican Deluxe Fat Strat  from 2001 (so HSS with a floyd) in black with rosewood board - Its well used and has a loose ground wire so needs a little work, but would sell at a fair price.
    2 - Small headstock one is a 2021 Fender Soichiro Yamauchi Stratocaster Made in Japan, a satin red with rosewood board, really nice satin neck and has custom shop Fat ‘50s pickups. I am toying selling this and have it on reverb to gauge interest. Not sure if allowed to link here, but if you search the artist name you will see it.
    Anyway neither quite what you asked for! Still let me know if you want to know more.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • N2112 said:
    I have a couple of strats, however, neither quite fits your request  :# one a large headstock MIM but HSS, one SSS MIJ but small headstock. However, Just in case they are of interest;
    1 - Large headstock Fender Mexican Deluxe Fat Strat  from 2001 (so HSS with a floyd) in black with rosewood board - Its well used and has a loose ground wire so needs a little work, but would sell at a fair price.
    2 - Small headstock one is a 2021 Fender Soichiro Yamauchi Stratocaster Made in Japan, a satin red with rosewood board, really nice satin neck and has custom shop Fat ‘50s pickups. I am toying selling this and have it on reverb to gauge interest. Not sure if allowed to link here, but if you search the artist name you will see it.
    Anyway neither quite what you asked for! Still let me know if you want to know more.

Hey, thanks for the offer,
    not what I am after unfortunately,
    btw, I have seen your red strat on Reverb,
    looks nice indeed but I am going to see what else is on offer for a few days..
    cheers!
  • I’ve got a lovely performer with big headstock listed on here. Maple … but real real nice… have a look at my post!!
  • mankytom said:
    I’ve got a lovely performer with big headstock listed on here. Maple … but real real nice… have a look at my post!!
    Hey mankyton,
    is that the HSS maple fretboard?
    if so I’ve already seen the post,
    I am after an SSS though,
  • It is.. ok man .. good luck
  • Have a 1982 Tokai Japan Silver Star I was about to put up for sale shortly. 3 tone sunburst, rosewood fretboard. £550. Let me know if interested and ill get some pictures taken asap
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 297
    I have a crews maniac sound that fits the criteria except it has maple fretboard 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 590
    Have a usa American special in surf green that has the big 70s headstock and is SSS but has the maple neck. 
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 828
    edited September 2023
    Not sure it is exactly what you are after but, it’s a USA Standard with upgraded pick ups, Trem system (Vee Blade) locking Fender tuners etc and is under your budget. Plus has the Gilmour switching mods 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Squire Bullet Strats have the large 70s headstock.
  • Not sure it is exactly what you are after but, it’s a USA Standard with upgraded pick ups, Trem system (Vee Blade) locking Fender tuners etc and is under your budget. Plus has the Gilmour switching mods 
    That’s a Super-Vee Bladerunner trem, lovely things indeed. :)
  • tabano said:
    N2112 said:
    I have a couple of strats, however, neither quite fits your request  :# one a large headstock MIM but HSS, one SSS MIJ but small headstock. However, Just in case they are of interest;

Hey, thanks for the offer,
    not what I am after unfortunately,
    btw, I have seen your red strat on Reverb,
    looks nice indeed but I am going to see what else is on offer for a few days..
    cheers!
    No problem.
    Yes the red strat is really nice, has a lovely neck. In two minds whether to sell but I am not really a strat person - despite having 2 :) 
  • kennyabis said:
    Have a 1982 Tokai Japan Silver Star I was about to put up for sale shortly. 3 tone sunburst, rosewood fretboard. £550. Let me know if interested and ill get some pictures taken asap
    PM’d you
  • Not sure it is exactly what you are after but, it’s a USA Standard with upgraded pick ups, Trem system (Vee Blade) locking Fender tuners etc and is under your budget. Plus has the Gilmour switching mods 
    That’s very nice looking indeed,
    I have seen it advertised ( here or somewhere else, I can’t remember), at the moment I want to try to find one with the exact specs I’d like but I am not discounting this,
    cheers!
  • Hydra19 said:
    I have a crews maniac sound that fits the criteria except it has maple fretboard 
    what’s your price for that one?