Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). HELP please! Installing a sliding rack draw - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

HELP please! Installing a sliding rack draw

What's Hot
infuzedinfuzed Frets: 5
Hi
I have a 3U rack case and just bought this Adam Hall 87556 19" 1HE Pull-Out Rails
https://www.thomann.de/gb/adam_hall_ablage_19_1he_auszugschiene.htm

BUT

I simply cannot work out how to install it in the case!
I am not usually extraordinarily dumb but, in this case!

Case and draw have front and back rail for securing but I have tried removing end pair from the draw but there is no way of tightening the screws to secure the rail. I am flumexed.

Anyone done this, got advice? It's driving me nuts!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1206
    edited September 2023
    It sounds like you need some cage nuts to secure to the rack strips.  This will allow you to screw the tray to the case.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • infuzedinfuzed Frets: 5
    edited September 2023
    i have caged nuts,
    it's the fact that there are rails front and back of the case
    the draw has turned out ears to secure to the case rails using the cage nuts
    But obv the turned out ears cannot pass through the cage and out the other side to then be fastened from the outside...

• BodBod Frets: 1206
    infuzed said:
    i have caged nuts,
    it's the fact that there are rails front and back of the case
    the draw has turned out ears to secure to the case rails using the cage nuts
    But obv the turned out ears cannot pass through the cage and out the other side to then be fastened from the outside...

OK, I see what you mean now, apologies.  Looking at the Thomann pics, can the rear ears be removed by taking the rear 2 nuts on each side?  I guess that in that case reassembling it in-situ would be impossible... 
  • Check for a black plastic quick release on the slides themselves - similar to kitchen drawers, filing cabinets etc. That way you install the brackets and re-insert the runners once in place.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Exactly, that was my first idea, attaching one end and extending the other without ears but there is no practical way to re-attach...

Just thought maybe i have the wrong ears in the case and more old fashioned thru cage clips that could be reversed is the way to do it?
    So the ears are angled in and pushed up to the the rear ears but then there is no way to secure in that scenario either...

It can't be rocket science but it feels like its way beyond me at the moment!!!!

• 3U may be too tight - in a larger cabinet that was still empty you could just push it in at an angle then straighten it up once things were where they needed to be.
  • Check for a black plastic quick release on the slides themselves - similar to kitchen drawers, filing cabinets etc. That way you install the brackets and re-insert the runners once in place.
    Genius
    did not see those hidden under the edges
    would have been so much more helpful if Thomann or Adam Hall could have been bothered to include a simple diagram, or any instruction at all

Wisdom given!
    Thanks
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited September 2023
    I have a couple of tall Millennium studio racks on wheels full of those sliding trays with effects pedals on.
    I spent ages fitting each one but didn’t realise one could adjust the length of each tray so it would connect to the front and back of the rack.
    It took me hours to redo each one.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    edited September 2023
    I once realised that I'd put the wrong cable number on one of these.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."