Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Soldano SLO100 (BAD version) - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Soldano SLO100 (BAD version)

What's Hot
ZappleZapple Frets: 48
edited September 2023 in Amps
I’ve played through an SLO 30 and loved it.

Just wondering if anyone has had one of the new SLO100s and what it’s like at lower volumes (is it a good MV amp like Friedmans are?) - I doubt I’ll ever play a room big enough to crank it!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Unless you play wembley stadium, I assure you that you would never ever crank a SLO.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    I'd imagine the master volume is pretty good. 

I, like you, played through a SLO 30 and immediately knew I had to have one at some point.:D

Can imagine the bigger brother is more of the same. 

It was one of the thickest sounding amps I've ever heard. Lead lines sounded massive. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve got a pre b.a.d SLO100 and the master volume is excellent. I do attenuate a touch as well, but the power section is pretty hifi and most of the SLO sound comes from the preamp stage. You just need enough volume to get the interaction between guitar and amp in a nice place.

basically, what I’m saying is you don’t need a dimed master to get ‘the sound’.

hope this helps.
  • @gumbothewiddler that helps a lot! Thanks for the info all.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    The SLO sound is not a gunned amp sound, it is all from the pre amp and before the master volume
  • I had one recently and was very underwhelmed by it.