Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Dean Guitars - What a mess, what a drama, as its future hangs in the balance - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Dean Guitars - What a mess, what a drama, as its future hangs in the balance

What's Hot

Comments

• That’s not an easy website to read on a mobile. Ads flashing all over the place. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3097
    tFB Trader
    That sounds like a complicated nightmare to me
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Don't worry Lee Anderson will quietly step in and save the day. So modest about his good work too...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    I think that means Dean/Armoured-Dildo are ferked ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Brio said:
    Don't worry Lee Anderson will quietly step in and save the day. So modest about his good work too...
    Hopefully he and Lee Anderton will partner up on this one.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Seems like they’re being perused for more mo way than they have assets, or am I reading that wrong? It’d be a good time for Dimebag’s estate to swoop in and get some type of deal.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    I'm not saying there are some strange business practices going on, I'm just saying the family could run as Republican candidates for president. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Mum & son take on ownership and running of the business when Dad dies.

Business takes out some bank loans (for whatever reason), secured against business assets (as usual).

Mum & son have a falling out, and son ends up (mainly) out of the business.

Business then - allegedly (though surely that's pretty easy to prove) - stops paying repayments on the loans.

Banks (and businesses to which they've sold the original loan/s) then seek to recover the outstanding debt.

Assuming the banks win (because they do), then one of the assets that they'll take ownership of will be the Dean brand.  That will then be sold on to whoever wants it, so the brand will - likely - persist, under new ownership.

It sounds as if the current owner of the brand didn't do any manufacturing anyway - Company1 owned the brand name, but outsourced manufacturing of the guitars to Company2, albeit both companies being owned by some combination of members of the same family, and the assets of both being used to secure the loans.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It seems a little bit complicated but I thought the article explained it well. It's ultimately another example of how ugly American capitalism can be and nobody (the mother, son, the bank or the various lawyers) will come out of it looking good. At the heart of this is the usual story of assets being sweated to the nth degree. The company is split into various entities so that the brand is owned by a different company to the one manufacturing the product which in turn is different to the one that owns the physical plant and land, etc. Two of the companies then borrow large sums of money using the other companies as collateral. The rest is inevitable.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
     nobody (the mother, son, the bank or the various lawyers) will come out of it looking good. 
    although there's one party guaranteed to win out of that lot ....
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    That is why we are better staying as Johnny no mates with no staff, directors, board room etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 1979
    Meanwhile Dean Zelinsky seems to be chugging away with his own small DZPL brand, and appears to be teasing a new Dime guitars brand after Dean Guitars cocked up their agreement with Dimebag's estate.
    Tim
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    It seems a little bit complicated but I thought the article explained it well. It's ultimately another example of how ugly American capitalism can be and nobody (the mother, son, the bank or the various lawyers) will come out of it looking good. At the heart of this is the usual story of assets being sweated to the nth degree. The company is split into various entities so that the brand is owned by a different company to the one manufacturing the product which in turn is different to the one that owns the physical plant and land, etc. Two of the companies then borrow large sums of money using the other companies as collateral. The rest is inevitable.
    House of cards ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I'm all in favour if it means never having to see one of their ghastly headstocks again.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    That is why we are better staying as Johnny no mates with no staff, directors, board room etc
    I think the only assets I've got is a pack of rusty strings 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    You owe me a tenner, remember? So I’ll be having those strings thank you very much. Throw in a few mangled plectrums and we’ll call it even. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    You owe me a tenner, remember? So I’ll be having those strings thank you very much. Throw in a few mangled plectrums and we’ll call it even. 
    Done and I have been 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Brio said:
    Hopefully he and Lee Anderton will partner up on this one.
    D'Oh!
  • Brio said:
    He’s more of an acoustic player.

https://i.imgur.com/Hs2Nw2r.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Hope fully this means my Dean Zelinski guitar will go up in value ? ;)