Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD - American Pro ii Strat - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD - American Pro ii Strat

What's Hot

JVM 2x12 and Vintera Roadworn left the house today and this came back. Absolutely love the colour scheme, the neck is instantly comfortable and familiar feeling, it’s lightweight and resonant and sounds great.

I really appreciate the little extra touches like the rounded neck heel, bone nut and steel trem block. The whole thing just feels very well put together. The push-push switching for tele-ish sounds is clever, whether it ends up being a bit of a novelty remains to be seen. 

Should mention great service and good trade in price from GuitarGuitar Epsom.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Nice. Happy NGD. Gonna pop into GG tomorrow for a mooch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Lovely. Olympic White, Tort and Rosewood is a great combination.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Happy NGD.
    My mate has the same model, same colour etc. It’s a cracking guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    You've got to be pleased with that.
    Nice one and a HNGD!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Very very nice 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Great guitar.

I love the push-push switch.  Makes for a more rounded bridge tone, just rocks harder.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Same model I have but I have a maple neck. I swapped out the pickguard for the aged mint green. Looks and sounds fantastic. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Love the Am Pro IIs. I have the Tele and Strat a both feel so good.
    Selling the Strat but only as I've found I'm a Tele guy at heart.
  • Looks great, nice colour scheme too. You rarely see tort back plates so that's a nice touch. This level of Fender seems to have got things just right.
  • GoFish said:
    You've got to be pleased with that.
    Nice one and a HNGD!
    Certainly am! Also appreciating having the truss rod access in a sensible place - only took me half an hour or so to have the setup completely sorted. Just needs a couple of hundred hours’ playing in now!

Alterlifeson said:
    Looks great, nice colour scheme too. You rarely see tort back plates so that's a nice touch. This level of Fender seems to have got things just right.
    Yes, my previous new Fender (Vintera) needed a bit of tidying up around the nut and fretboard so I really took the time to make sure this one was spot on before leaving the shop. 

My other half has an ‘07 US standard and I’ve always seen it as a benchmark for what a well sorted Strat should be. Obviously I couldn’t get *exactly* the same colours as it would be a bit Howard & Hilda, but at the same time I do really like a bit of Olympic…

https://flic.kr/p/2p2YY2y

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Great guitars.  Were I in the market for another US Fender Strat, that's where I'd be headed.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    I bought one of the Firemist Gold ones with a rosewood neck.  Fabulous guitar.

I returned it as I found the sounds a bit ordinary but mainly because it felt too good to actually play.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 721
    edited September 2023
    rlw said:
    I bought one of the Firemist Gold ones with a rosewood neck.  Fabulous guitar.

I returned it as I found the sounds a bit ordinary but mainly because it felt too good to actually play.
    They actually had one of those in the shop - neck felt fabulous but in the end I can’t get on with rosewood headstocks. 

The satin neck finish on the standard ones feels really nice though. 

I’ve got a (Schecter) Strat with Oil City pickups in it - will be interesting to compare at some point