Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS/FT Framus Renegade w Lollar pickups - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS/FT Framus Renegade w Lollar pickups

What's Hot
grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
Framus Renegade made in 2001with Lollar pickups. 
Swamp ash body, flamed maple neck, and dark ebony fretboard.
 Lollar Novel T humbucker size single coil in bridge, and Lollar Royal T telecaster in bridge.

Nice light weight just over 7 pounds. as you can see, not one for collectors. 
 Frets and electronics are in great shape. 

Various deep cracks in the paintwork which I've tried to show and a hole in the back which has been patched up not very well. it’s smooth and solid though. 
I’ve a second home made scratch plate if you want to go back to HH set up. 
Have boxes so can post call it £520 posted. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Does it cost seven pounds too?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ah. Yes. Amended. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Withdrawn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Actually it is for sale. I really like it’s tones, it’s quality and playability but I just love my silver sky neck more so I’m gonna get another SS and mod it. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chunky neck or no? 
  • No. Not chunky. It’s a D profile neck. Kinda like the Gibson slim 60’s but a tad wider in the hand. 
    It gets chunkier depth wise around the 12th. 
    Super smooth. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bump £520 this weekend peeps. Fantastic guitar 
  • Bump 
  • Bump
  • pjfpjf Frets: 304
    Looks great, something a bit different. What are the cracks from, a tough life as your sparring partner? 
  • Warwick built the guitar for Markus Birkle who was the touring guitarist for Sarah Brightman. He used it a lot in the studio too. I’m guessing the different temperatures from Europe and Las Vegas caused the wood to expand and the finish wasn’t as adaptable as it was. It’s all solid, just visible surface damage   
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • pruddprudd Frets: 593
    grungebob said:
    Warwick built the guitar for Markus Birkle who was the touring guitarist for Sarah Brightman. He used it a lot in the studio too. I’m guessing the different temperatures from Europe and Las Vegas caused the wood to expand and the finish wasn’t as adaptable as it was. It’s all solid, just visible surface damage   
    here is a screen grab from a 2004 SB Las Vegas showing Markus with the Framus (assuming he only had one).

https://i.imgur.com/YigSiEK.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That’s a cool picture thanks @prudd ;
  • Bump
  • Bump another £20 off. £500 posted. 
    Quality bit of kit this. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    Sold.