Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ed Sheeran Looper - potentially in pipeline - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ed Sheeran Looper - potentially in pipeline

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Last thing I’d want is Ed Sheeran on repeat
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’d be interested in this. You gotta assume it will be super-usable 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’d be interested in this. You gotta assume it will be super-usable 
    That’s my thinking. 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 117
    You beat me to it...
  • Last thing I’d want is Ed Sheeran on repeat
    Say again?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• Probably one for fans, there are plenty of decent loop pedals out.  UInless you have a very specific use case it fulfills, but we wouldn't know until they release specs anyway.

I've used loopers live but they get a bit tiresome so tend to use them as a practise tool so my needs are fairly simple.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think the point is he's one of the very few guys who have ever used loopers to make actual songs rather than just 4 bar loops that get boring after 2 minutes. 

I'm assuming that anything he'd put out with his name on would be actually useable to make full songs relatively easily. As far as I'm aware pretty much everything on the market is either compromised one way or another, or not compromised in UI but absolutely massive.
  • Maybe they’re getting ready for Covid, Return of the Coof.

it would have to sell on name alone as saturation point with loopers has surely been reached + actual Chewie 2 is the size of two pedalboards. 
    tFB Trader
    JerkMoans said:
    Say again?
    JerkMoans said:
    Say again?
    JerkMoans said:
    Say again?
    JerkMoans said:
    Say again?
    JerkMoans said:
    Say again?
    JerkMoans said:
    Say again?

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Does it come with lots of other songs preinstalled to plagiarise?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    mrkb said:
    Does it come with lots of other songs preinstalled to plagiarise?
    That's exactly what I was thinking  - out loud
  • Unfortunately I have to avoid ANYTHING he is associated with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 985
    edited September 2023
    I’m surprised at some of the negativity about him on here to be honest. 

Even if you don’t like his music he seems like a pretty decent guy that has managed to stay fairly grounded despite huge fame. 

He also supports the community he grew up in. 

When he had his line of Martin guitars he gave every penny from every guitar sold on the sponsorship deal to the east Anglian children’s hospice. 

He lives pretty close to me and he has also set up a music foundation to help local young musicians in Suffolk. 

He has paid for my daughters professional piano lessons for the last 2 years which I would struggle to afford otherwise so I think he’s great. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • steersteer Frets: 1043
    Saw him on Jules Holland using a looper to good effect. I was impressed. 

He did not look confused, was not swearing like a trooper, was not sweating profusely, did not flick through the instruction manual with a blank look on his face before pressing the wrong button out of time, before unplugging it and chucking back into the cupboard from where it came from. All things that I personally associate with looper pedals. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’m surprised at some of the negativity about him on here to be honest. 

Even if you don’t like his music he seems like a pretty decent guy that has managed to stay fairly grounded despite huge fame. 

When he had his line of Martin guitars he gave every penny from every guitar sold on the sponsorship deal to the east Anglian children’s hospice. 

He lives pretty close to me and he has also set up a music foundation to help local young musicians in Suffolk. 

He has paid for my daughters professional piano lessons for the last 2 years which I would struggle to afford otherwise so I think he’s great. :-)
    I should hope with that level of money and fame he is helping out with charity. We do that in our band and we earn absolutely nothing.

The guy is very talented but absolutely just for the pop crowd, not me. It's the kind of music I have to instantly turn off, which is a rarity for me.

Can't fault his talent or business approach, I just absolutely cannot deal with his songs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited September 2023
    I guess Ed gets the same vitriol as Coldplay and U2.
    I will never understand why talent always attracts wankers 
    He’s built his career on using looper pedals to great effect Whats wrong with that ?
    I’ve got some great outstanding looper pedals but always interested to see new gear.
    Hope Ed keeps sponsoring Ipswich Town Football Club .
    tFB Trader
    I’m surprised at some of the negativity about him on here to be honest. 

No. You’re getting confused with him Vs his music. 

He’s obviously a very generous and charitable guy and I’ve got no reason to not like him as a person. Far from it, he seems like a nice guy. 

But I don’t have to like his music to like him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I guess Ed gets the same vitriol as Coldplay and U2.

I might have misunderstood that?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader

Anyone in-particular?
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    I seem to remember a video saying that the chewwy thing was basically controlling multiple instances of logic(?) looper. That way each feed could be sent to FOH and processes individually rather than all on the same LR channels like most other loopers. 

standalone looper that can process multiple channels. That'll sell well for multi instrumentalists. 

• sgosden said:
    I seem to remember a video saying that the chewwy thing was basically controlling multiple instances of logic(?) looper. That way each feed could be sent to FOH and processes individually rather than all on the same LR channels like most other loopers. 

standalone looper that can process multiple channels. That'll sell well for multi instrumentalists. 

Ableton iirc, not Logic. But otherwise yes. His live rig is really impressive.

The Aeros is the closest thing that does similar but seems to be a bit of a work-in-progress