Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mullard NOS 12ax7 on eBay. - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Comments

• Seems to just link to the search 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markjmarkj Frets: 851
    Alex2678 said:
    Seems to just link to the search 
    It should be okay now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    #16 is just a label so he knows which one has sold
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • My guess is it is a reference number for the seller so they know which one they've sold.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    edited September 2023
    Look down the ebay listing to the last photo's, showing the valve tester results & valve numbering, in this case '16'. 
    FWIW, valve '17' tests slightly better, for the same price  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markjmarkj Frets: 851
    Just ordered up number 16. 
    The price for NOS 12ay7 is crazy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Just to point out, this valve is *not* NOS - it’s an old used valve. NOS means New Old Stock and should only be applied to unused valves. A lot of sellers don’t understand this (or deliberately misuse the term).

If a valve is genuinely NOS - especially with the original packaging - then it should be worth more. Although it’s arguable that a used but tested good valve may actually be a safer bet for reliability…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter