Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). LP Junior with Bigsby - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

LP Junior with Bigsby

What's Hot
This sounds pretty good! (Has me thinkin of an Epi junior and a licensed Bigsby now....

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• shobetshobet Frets: 180
    I like that. 
    Do ursus deposit feculence in the thicket?

Here endeth the lesson. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Tempted to try with an Epi LP junior but not sure the neck angle would be suitable.
    With one of the cheap bolt on Epi juniors you could shim the neck I suppose 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    I reckon the amp is adding far more to the sound than the guitar (which is lovely).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    edited September 2023
    It’s a shame whoever crudely chopped the string grooves into the bridge couldn’t get them either parallel to the strings or evenly spaced - but you could always replace it… a ‘lightning bolt’ bridge would be ideal because you could cut through just the raised ridge, down to the top of the rounded section, making string guides but leaving a smooth surface for the strings to slide over.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    Was quite prepared to hate on that ... but I think it looks and sounds great.

(Not wishing to take anything away from your man's playing mind you - but it reminds me a bit of me trying to figure out what exactly you're actually supposed to do when you have a Bigsby / Whammy bar .. :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 724
    Love it!
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    Never seen a flat head screw on a Bigsby before, the early ones were Philips