Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NPD - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NPD

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10231
Not sure about this. I might even be a little bit frightened. Will report back in a month or two when I've figured out what it does

2reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Looks intense! What is it and what does it do...??? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Looks intense! What is it and what does it do...??? 
    No idea mate!!
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Looks like fun, anyway. Look forward to hearing your conclusions in the coming months/years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    It's a thingumyjig
    It's filters and oscillators basically

You can hook up an expression pedal and/or key it from a control voltage

For production tricks rather than the stage, in my case anyway 

• Beautiful design
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Snazzy! 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    edited September 2023
    Hours of fun - feed a PLL or summat into it and you've got a shit synth

Actually, it looks to have qute a lot of functionality all by itself.  And it looks awesome. And the colours are rad. And I think even the layout makes some whacky sense.

I'm off to goggle at some videos of it.

HNWatTheFukIsThatD!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Looks intense! What is it and what does it do...??? 
    I've never seen one before - no one has - but I'm guessing it's a white hole
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    GoFish said:
    Hours of fun - feed a PLL or summat into it and you've got a shit synth
    Not sure what PLL is but I thought it would be good to feed drum tracks into the CV

GoFish said:
    I'm off to goggle at some videos of it.
    It was made before YouTube demos were any good. We are quite spoilt these days

GoFish said:

HNWatTheFukIsThatD!
    Lol! It has been quite fun to play with so far. It will be more interesting with CV and other effects
    A Schumann PLL is a Phase Locked Loop (?). The Eaerthquaker devices Data Corrupter is a very pared down version.IT basically takes a signal or creates one, turns it into a squarewave and adds intervals. to form a sort of squarewave chord

Schumann PLL Phase Locked Loop Effect Pedal Serial 13 with Drone Pedal and More image 1

Probably the best affordable tribute version is by Montreal Assembly, called
    the PurPLL. There are videos on Youtube about this one, some pretty good ones. I think  you'd love it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    GoFish said:
    A Schumann PLL is a Phase Locked Loop (?). The Eaerthquaker devices Data Corrupter is a very pared down version.IT basically takes a signal or creates one, turns it into a squarewave and adds intervals. to form a sort of squarewave chord

Schumann PLL Phase Locked Loop Effect Pedal Serial 13 with Drone Pedal and More image 1

the PurPLL. There are videos on Youtube about this one, some pretty good ones. I think  you'd love it.
    Beetronics Swarm does a similar thing. It’s freakin’ nuts!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    As long as you can play a slow blues in A on
    it I'm in
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Can it get a rhythmic pulse going so I can get away from the drum kit for a coffee?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mrkb said:
    Can it get a rhythmic pulse going so I can get away from the drum kit for a coffee?

Yes!

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    GoFish said:
    mrkb said:

Yes!

The Snazzy is too complicated for me.  But this Purpll just gave me gas.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    roberty said:
    Not sure about this. I might even be a little bit frightened. Will report back in a month or two when I've figured out what it does

And the scissors?
    GoFish said:

That does look interesting thanks

There's a pedalpcb data corrupter clone kit at musikding. I'll put that on the list

https://www.musikding.de/SuperHeterodyne-Receiver-kit