Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Good guitar tech in Herefordshire/Shropshire/Monmouthshire? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Good guitar tech in Herefordshire/Shropshire/Monmouthshire?

What's Hot
Looking for someone decent to setup my MIM tele, as I don't trust myself and don't really have the time to learn. Would like some bare knuckle pickups putting in, as well as an upgrade to the pots. If anyone knows of anybody, I'd be grateful to hear from you. Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    edited September 2023
    You could ask the excellent shop Wye Fret in Hay on Wye. Also, Richard Meyrick in Abergavenny does setups and repairs (he mainly builds fine acoustics).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 464
    edited September 2023
    Steve Ward set up my Baja Tele when I first got it: https://www.wardguitars.co.uk/

He has done some pedal and amp repairs for me too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I can recommend Richard Meyrick in Abergavenny too.  Nice guy.
  • Rob williams guitars in adfa powys if its not too far.
    Always take mine to him, really good!
  • Just across the border, in Gloucestershire, near Coleford, Guitar Angel, Angela Arnott is very good, she also makes 42nd Street Guitars, highly recommended.
  • Thanks for all the replies people! Lots to go for here. I'll reach out to each one by distance as they all sound great.