Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Budget delay wit tap & subdivisions? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Budget delay wit tap & subdivisions?

What's Hot
Anything I should be looking at that has tap and some subdivisions (I basically want dotted eighth rhythmic stuff) other than a Flashback? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Stuck record guy here: look at the Line 6 M5. Around the same price as a Flashback new, but has the advantage of a dedicated tap footswitch and more presets. Also has MIDI, which can be used for preset selection, tempo sync and expression pedal control.

Noisy on a daisy chain power supply, and needs quite a lot of current, but well worth a look.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve got a Boss DD-200 for sale on here, great pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve got a Boss DD-200 for sale on here, great pedal.
    Would be spot on but not sure I can stretch to that right now
  • Anything I should be looking at that has tap and some subdivisions (I basically want dotted eighth rhythmic stuff) other than a Flashback? 
    Thing is, the Flashback is basically the default option. You just have to remember that if you want to use external tap tempo on the v2 (not sure about the v1), then the tap switch has to be wired between the ring and sleeve of the jack as I recall, so just using a mono patch cable won't work (at least, it didn't for me).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • steersteer Frets: 1043
    I’ve got a Boss DD-200 for sale on here, great pedal.
    Would be spot on but not sure I can stretch to that right now
    Have a look to see what price the older DD20's are fetching. Absolutely great pedal, that I think will give you what you want and a load more. 
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    Nux Atlantic, I just happen to have one fs ;) 
  • depends on what "budget" means really. DOD Rubberneck would be worth a big ol' look if you can find one at an agreeable price. 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Not sure what “budget” is.  But I can attest to the EHX Canyon/Grand Canyon and the MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe.  
  • Probably something I can pick up for 100 used, I guess… Thanks for these suggestions.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    edited September 2023
    Nux Tape Core Deluxe I think will do tap and dotted. I'm looking after @keefy's one for him (been too busy to play it) and I know it's for sale 

Look it up - an inexpensive option perhaps 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Probably something I can pick up for 100 used, I guess… Thanks for these suggestions.
    How about 4 Behringer delays consecutively?!?!
  • T Rex Replay Box currently £105 new, tap tempo, sub divisions, long delay times. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.