Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SG kit built project guitar - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SG kit built project guitar

What's Hot
t1000t1000 Frets: 84
edited September 2023 in Guitars £

Thinking about a clear out of guitars mostly partcasters. These just don’t get played nowadays so it makes sense to try and pass them on. All the partcasters need setting up to your preference. I’m not really sure how to price these so I have put some prices I think are reasonable.

All guitars are collection from near Dudley, West Midlands. 

Kit Built SG (Project) £100

This was a kit built guitar, sold to me as Mahogony (looks like it but I cannot confirm or deny).

Finished with Wudtone so has nicely aged over time.

Pickups from memory is a warman in the bridge and a unknown P90 in the neck (most likely a Iron Gear Alchemist 90) both sound great.

The pots wiring are still the cheap stuff that came with the kit.

Will need a decent set up.

Strat £120 will consider splitting up SOLD

This is a partcaster I put together a while ago.

The body was from memory was from Ebay sold as nitro finished. It is a satin finish but not sure its nitro, it wouldn’t crack when I tried the freezer treatment. It does appear to be fairly thin though. I have attempted a mild relic.

The neck I’m pretty sure was from Northwest Guitars. (Note I drilled through when installing the turners!) I think the wiring loom is also Northwest Guitars

Hardware is all nickel and the bridge is a Wilkinson, not sure on the tuners now

The pickups are Oil City Rocket 55s

Again needs a decent set up but works as it should.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• That tele custom partscaster looks wicked. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • t1000t1000 Frets: 84
    That tele custom partscaster looks wicked. 
    Cheers yes it is awesome I just don't seem to pick it up enough.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Open to an offer on the strat and sg. Hit me with it
    Bump
  • What's the neck profile like on the sg?
    What's the neck profile like on the sg?
    I'm not brilliant at describing buts it not fat like 50's and ita not skinny. It's approx 21mm deep at first fret and 23mm at the 12th. Hope that helps

• t1000 said:
    I'm not brilliant at describing buts it not fat like 50's and ita not skinny. It's approx 21mm deep at first fret and 23mm at the 12th. Hope that helps

Thanks, probably a bit on the slim side for me.
    t1000 said:

Thanks, probably a bit on the slim side for me.
    No worries.
    Little Bumpy.
  • t1000 said:
    So where exactly is the pic/details of the Tele? I can't see them anywhere :anguished: 
  • stufisher said:
    t1000 said:
    So where exactly is the pic/details of the Tele? I can't see them anywhere :anguished: 
    Op has withdrawn it, rightly (imo) decided it was a keeper. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Yep sorry withdrawn the tele, it's too good to let go. 
  • :+1: 
    Reduced the prices and will consider splitting up the strat for parts