Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I've decided that ICBM was right. - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I've decided that ICBM was right.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited September 2023
    Sporky said:
    Stingray. 
    I have severe gas for a ray. But unfortunately they are too heavy for me by a long way. Even the supposedly lightweight Specials have gone up in weight a lot due to an infestation problem in the woods they wanted to use - affecting most US forests.

I would settle for the Joe Dart signature though. Smaller body, slimmer neck. Passive. It really only does one sound but it is such a good sound. Probably my favourite bass sound over the last few years.
    Early 2000s Sterling could be a better choice then. I think they are a bit smaller bodied and can be picked up at reasonable money. 
    Alas, they are far too heavy.

The Joe Dart's are often about 7.5lb. The old Sterlings are often hitting 10lb.
    Ah. I just weighed mine, 8lb 13oz. I know sometimes the shoulders/back don't want the weight. 

As an aside, the Sandberg California TM2 I have is 7oz lighter. It's the easiest bass to play I've ever tried. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I have a Sandberg TT4 super light that is about 6.5lb and a special order Lionel shortscale superlight that is 5.7lb.

I love them! I'll never go back to heavy basses.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited September 2023
    I have a Sandberg TT4 super light that is about 6.5lb and a special order Lionel shortscale superlight that is 5.7lb.

I love them! I'll never go back to heavy basses.
    Nice choices, those are seriously light! I'm most impressed with Sandberg, my mate was an endorsee with them a few years ago (might still be) and he was full of praise for them... and he's got some serious gear! I picked one up in the sale at guitarguitar last month, the roasted maple neck and the tonal flexibility of it, on top of how it plays, meant I had to have one :-)