Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mad Professor Simble OD. - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mad Professor Simble OD.

markjmarkj Frets: 851
edited September 2023 in FX
Any forum member had experience of the overdrive version not the preamp one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1865
    Yes, I didn't like the Simble - found that it had too much lower end when played with a Strat into Fender HRD.
    My reference was a BYOD Zendrive clone which I built after borrowing an original Zen.
    I now have a "Dude v2" which I prefer.

I also have the Simble Pre Driver - I like that a lot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    I have a Simble OD that I bought a few years ago after selling my Ethos OD. I don’t use it so much these days due to a change of music but occasionally it’s just what I need. I use it with a Tele through a 65 DRRI and it sounds good to me.
  • I really liked it. That more smooth OD, rather than ‘raspy’.

Think Zendrive for that similar sound.

Id def own one again.
  • exocet said:
    Yes, I didn't like the Simble - found that it had too much lower end when played with a Strat into Fender HRD.
    My reference was a BYOD Zendrive clone which I built after borrowing an original Zen.
    I now have a "Dude v2" which I prefer.

I also have the Simble Pre Driver - I like that a lot. 

same here. 

the Dude V2 is a fabulous pedal into a clean Fender amp. Not sure it's Dumblish - but it sounds huge, and alive.

And the Simble pre-driver was the best thing about the Mad Prof Twimble I had