Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Headrush gigboard - midi out ? - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Headrush gigboard - midi out ?

Hi all

Prob an easy question for some to answer but I can't find a definite answer. 

Can the Headrush Gigboard be used as a midi controller ? And if I can , can I be used as part of a preset the same was as it can on the Line 6 HX effects ?

Xbox One Tag :- LunaticSalmon

Steam Tag :- Dickinstein

Origin Tag :- ATDickinson428

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• It's been a while since I owned a Gigboard, but I think it can send out a PC command when you select a rig on it. it might even be fixed rather than customisable by you, IIRC. Nothing like as sophisticated as the HX FX, therefore. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • p17 of the manual

MIDI Settings: These settings determine how the HeadRush Gigboard sends and receives MIDI information to and from external devices. These settings affect only the HeadRush Gigboard’s MIDI input or MIDI output.

MIDI Thru: Tap On to use the MIDI output as a MIDI throughput; any MIDI information sent to the HeadRush Gigboard’s MIDI input will be sent directly to the MIDI output. Tap Off to use the HeadRush Gigboard’s MIDI output normally; the HeadRush Gigboard will be able to send its own MIDI information out of the MIDI output.

Recv MIDI Clock: Tap On to enable the HeadRush Gigboard to receive MIDI clock information. Tap Off to use the HeadRush Gigboard’s own internal MIDI clock (which will not be sent out).

Prog Change: Tap Send to enable or disable the HeadRush Gigboard’s transmission of MIDI program change messages when you load a rig. Tap Recv to enable or disable the HeadRush Gigboard’s reception of MIDI program change messages from an external MIDI device.

MIDI Channel: This setting determines the MIDI channel(s) that the HeadRush Gigboard will send and receive MIDI messages. Tap this field, turn the encoder to select all channels (Omni), or 1–16, and then press the encoder

So basically you can either set the Gigboard to be the master when sending Programme Change and / or MIDI Clock
    messages or be the slave.  You don't appear to be able to asign a PC value to a patch, it is done automatically based on set list order in the Gigboard.
  • Thanks for getting back to me. I'm pretty torn between going for a secondhand hx effects and a Headrush gigboard so it's good to know that I think they can both do the same thing. However it does seem only on midi command can be assigned per pedal preset , where the hx effects can do 6. 

• The MIDI implementation on the HX FX is very good, as are the effects.  What it lacks, as you probably know, are amp sims.

If amp sims are not important to you, i.e. you are plugging this into a guitar amp, then the HX FX wins for me.  If you do chose to go that route then let me know as I can probably point you in the direction of someone who has recently upgraded to a full-fat Helix (I don't think that he's done anything about selling the HX yet).
  • Musicwolf said:
    The MIDI implementation on the HX FX is very good, as are the effects.  What it lacks, as you probably know, are amp sims.

If amp sims are not important to you, i.e. you are plugging this into a guitar amp, then the HX FX wins for me.  If you do chose to go that route then let me know as I can probably point you in the direction of someone who has recently upgraded to a full-fat Helix (I don't think that he's done anything about selling the HX yet).
    Yep they're not a thing I'm too worried about. I tired a CAB M+ recently and it just wasnt for me. Let me know if your contact is interested in selling their HX FX as I do need the Midi implementation and good modulation effects. .