Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New amp day - damaged. - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New amp day - damaged.

What's Hot
ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
edited September 2023 in Amps
Handwired Princeton 64 just arrived this morning, the plug socket was bent and cracked and there’s a big dent in the cabinet. Gutted. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Ah, that's rubbish. Hope you can get it sorted.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I hope so, before I ordered it I spoke to the retailer who said they had two in stock. I was getting the one that hadn’t been used in the shop. They checked it when they took delivery of it so it can only have happened in transit to me. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hate it when that shite happens.
    Hope you get a fast resolution.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    If they offer you a full refund you should flame them on here. Horrible customer service.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • S56035 said:
    If they offer you a full refund you should flame them on here. Horrible customer service.
    I must be missing something - why?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    S56035 said:
    I thought that too. Maybe there’s a typo? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Think he's referring to a recent thread on here that got closed by the mods. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    ^ I suspect it was meant as a sarcastic, humorous aside, aimed at a recent thread on here about a pedal not being as described.

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1569
    S56035 said:
    I thought that too. Maybe there’s a typo? 

There was a previous thread where this appeared to have happened (for a different item).

It may become a running joke I suppose.

I actually chuckled, it must be said, but prob best to consign the event to history
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Think he's referring to a recent thread on here that got closed by the mods. 
    Yip, it’s just clicked. It’s been a long day, I wasn’t thinking straight!
  • Ah, yes.  Makes sense now.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Not the retailers fault tbf, they inspected it before leaving the shop. It’s obviously a heavy handed delivery driver who’s at fault. They have already arranged collection and I have ordered the same model elsewhere. 
  • ditchboy said:
    Not the retailers fault tbf, they inspected it before leaving the shop. It’s obviously a heavy handed delivery driver who’s at fault. They have already arranged collection and I have ordered the same model elsewhere. 
    Maybe not even the driver. Parcels often navigate a network of mechanically driven conveyors. If you watch footage of some distribution hubs that load onto lorries, you can see the conveyors are offer a few feet off the ground and don’t necessarily have guardrails, meaning parcels can and do fall from height. 
  • You might well be right, one of the plug pins on the kettle lead was also bent which would take a significant hit to do that. Never mind I’ll try again. 
  • New one has arrived, minus the footswitch and a kettle lead which is extremely short.  :o
  • ditchboy said:
    New one has arrived, minus the footswitch and a kettle lead which is extremely short.  :o
    back on the phone
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    edited September 2023
    ditchboy said:
    New one has arrived, minus the footswitch and a kettle lead which is extremely short.  o
    WTF? Are we still in lockdown or something like that?
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• Yorkie said:
    ditchboy said:
    New one has arrived, minus the footswitch and a kettle lead which is extremely short.  o
    Do you mean buying online? 
  • nero1701 said:
    ditchboy said:
    New one has arrived, minus the footswitch and a kettle lead which is extremely short.  :o
    back on the phone
    Yeah they are resolving it, the amp itself is superb.  =)
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    edited September 2023
    ditchboy said:
    Yorkie said:
    ditchboy said:
    No, I mean QC wise. Buying stuff in COVID times used to be like this. My wife bought me a guitar in 2020 and it wasn’t until three guitars later that I had something 100% fault-free… and then that last one developed a crack on the fretboard. 

I’ve been following this thread since you started it, quietly hoping things work out for you in the end because I HATE, HATE, HATE having issues every time I buy new (vs zero issues on our classifieds) and this has allowed me to experience empathy and I seriously don’t know what to do with it. How do folks cope? 

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    edited September 2023
    Yorkie said:
    ditchboy said:
    Yorkie said:
    ditchboy said:
    No, I mean QC wise. Buying stuff in COVID times used to be like this. My wife bought me a guitar in 2020 and it wasn’t until three guitars later that I had something 100% fault-free… and then that last one developed a crack on the fretboard. 

I’ve been following this thread since you started it, quietly hoping things work out for you in the end because I HATE, HATE, HATE having issues every time I buy new (vs zero issues on our classifieds) and this has allowed me to experience empathy and I seriously don’t know what to do with it. How do folks cope? 

Jon
    Got you! I’d much rather have gone and picked it up in person but A - there’s none in stock anywhere close to me and B - I don’t have time to take a day out for that kind of thing. This was on the back of my first purchase of a TK falcon grande which had a broken attenuator upon arrival. It’s frustrating for sure but thankfully the service I’ve received has been impeccable every time. I can imagine buying something then it developing a fault later on is more of a pain to deal with. A happy ending here as the amp is everything I hoped it would be it just took me a while to get there. Now if you ever see it in the classifieds you have permission to slap me.