Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Format/Syntax - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Format/Syntax

What's Hot
Are you allowed to get angry about the way someone types their posts on the forum? Asking for a friend.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    TRY STARTING EVERY POST WITH "SO" AND INSERTING THE WORD "EVEN" INTO SENTENCES AT RANDOM. OH, AND ALL-CAPS IS ALWAYS WORTH A TRY>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    so what perticular post annoyed you i have seen a few that are totally devoid of punctuation and sentence case and title case and are in really bad grammar just wondering thats all
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    wot dUz ^that even MEAN??????
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDL said:
    so what perticular post annoyed you i have seen a few that are totally devoid of punctuation and sentence case and title case and are in really bad grammar just wondering thats all
    I am absolutely rubbish with punctuation and grammar so I will apologise to anyone who might get frustrated by my postings. It's not a lazy thing it's a confusing thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I Like The Ones That Are In Title Case.

They Have A Certain Gravitas. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Prolly 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    mrkb said:
    Prolly 
    defiantly!!  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Tannin said:
    TRY STARTING EVERY POST WITH "SO" AND INSERTING THE WORD "EVEN" INTO SENTENCES AT RANDOM. OH, AND ALL-CAPS IS ALWAYS WORTH A TRY>
    I'm pleased that it's not just me who has noticed the excess use of the word even. Is this something the the US has exported to us? 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082

boogieman said:
    mrkb said:
    Prolly 
    defiantly!!  

Pacifically!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
                        if
                      it is
                     some
                   annoying
                 quirk, prolly
                best to suck it
              up and move on.
           It's not a formal letter
            and some folks may
               not realise that
                 they have so
                     offended
                        you.
                          :)

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ⸮ϱniʜɈ ʇo Ɉɿoƨ ƨiʜɈ oɈ Ɉɔǝįdo ǝnoγnɒ ƨǝoꓷ
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 256
    Sporky said:
    !oN
    Dav275 said:
    Sporky said:
    !oN
     ˙ǝlqnoɹʇ uı ǝq p,ı pǝıɹɹoʍ sɐʍ ı ˙ʍǝɥd
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

Someone on another forum used to begin every post with his user name e.g.

Paul_C

Followed by what point he wanted to make, and it used to really annoy me for some reason.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    .pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ ʎʅᴉsɐǝ s╻ʇᴉ puɐ ʻǝʅqnoɹʇ oN
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    S56035 said:
    Are you allowed to get angry about the way someone types their posts on the forum? Asking for a friend.
    You'll have to narrow it down to the last half hour or so.
    Paul_C said:

Someone on another forum used to begin every post with his user name e.g.

Paul_C

Followed by what point he wanted to make, and it used to really annoy me for some reason.
    That's probably worse than signing off with your real name!

Enrico Buttwhistle
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    People is higorant.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Is your friend a prescriptivist?
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    I hate it when people get English wrong, pacifically words
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    S56035 said:
    Angry, no.  Mildly humourously psychopathic, yes.  We are British after all....
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 569
    Concerns you what when reading forums?

Rules forgotten if one be free, be shown on posts many here!
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    S56035 said:
    How many of us are you watching?  
  • No your not.  

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    edited September 2023
    No your not.  
    Though YOU'RE allowed to be pedantic...

Or did I just fall into the @thumpingrug trap?
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    ^ @Chalky  you will hate this, from the Friday humour thread  ;) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter