Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS: Noughtcaster amazing handmade tele thinline £850 now £799, now £750; Sold: Westone Cutlass £350 - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS: Noughtcaster amazing handmade tele thinline £850 now £799, now £750; Sold: Westone Cutlass £350

What's Hot
MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
OK, have bought a few too may guitars so time to thin the herd again. Really hard choices to be made. Might change my mind a few times and not sell them. 

First up is a UK made Westone, designed by the late Sid Poole and made in the UK by Status Graphite (of graphite guitars and neck fame) in conjunction with Westone. So this is a UK built guitar with a Japanese name - they retailed at around a rather pricey £900 in the late 90’s so didn't sell that well.

They are very nice guitars, and have a bit of a cult status (bad joke). Many are old and abused but this one is in really really good (near mint)  condition - took me a long time to find a good one. Works as it should, trem is fine, had it set up and pickups balanced and newish strings.

Specs:

Two-piece alder body
Amber tinted, bolt-on deep-set maple neck
22-fret rosewood board
Scale length 25″
Gotoh vintage tremolo
Gotoh tuners
High output humbucker at bridge (Gotoh)
Vintage single-coil at neck (Gotoh)
3-way lever pick-up selector
Master volume, master tone
Available only in Aged Satin Finish
Graphite nut,

I think everything is original. 

Sorry, no case so would prefer collection from East Finchley North London (or nearby) or will post to uk in suitably wrapped in a box. 

£350 ppg plus postage. 

ON HOLD

https://i.imgur.com/uP1J0IB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5iV2mBr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Bbk4JYW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wkKqqHu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NzOdRP9.jpg
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Is that late 80s or late 90s? I remember seeing one lf these reviewed in the first ever Total Guitar I ever bought in late 1997...

Apologies if I'm wrong. Though I remember it being pretty well reviewed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    Yes, you are right, late 90’s, text now amended! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 1977
    I had one. Loved it even though mine was a bit of a mutt (iffy neck). Despite the neck being a bit warped I seem to remember mine had a lovely profile: chunky but comfy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited September 2023
    Next up... am going to take a loss on this one... £850 ppg plus postage to uk or collection near me (East Finchley, North London).

Now £799

Bought this off teyeplayer who bought it from the maker. I love it, but just have too many guitars. Had it 6 months, gigged it a few time and the decided to ask Jonathan at Feline to lower the big frets to c 43mm and fettle it a bit - now it feels just right, but need to thin the herd. Torn about selling this. But now have a Ryder SG and Huber Krauster ii to finance.  

Nought Flightcaster (Thinline Tele) - Built by our very own @danishbacon as a prototype for what I believe was a business idea that didn’t get off the ground due too limited a margin to make it viable. This is a truly incredible guitar, here’s the explanation from the man himself: It's called the Nought - Flightcaster because it weighs nought. It's very light at 2.67 kg

Body and neck are made by GSP. The body is swamp ash with a beautiful roasted maple neck. 

22mm at the 1st fret
    24.2mm at the 12th fret
    43mm nut width

The whole guitar is finished in nitrocellulose, with a 'light, studio relic' feel, a guitar that has been used but not tossed around. All the metal hardware is nickel finished so will age as the guitar ages. 

The neck and bridge pickup were custom hand wound by Craig at AxesRus. They're a slightly overwound tele set with taller bobbin on neck for a fat p90 type tone. Light wax potting so they don't lose dynamics. They're signed by Craig.

Wiring is all high end CTS and orange drop caps with Gotoh bridge and tuners and Japanese made bakelite knobs. It lives inside a new Hiscox case. It’s a superb and well balanced guitar with a whole hell of a lot of great tones across the three way switch. Very comfortable neck, not too chunky and all high grade tone woods, with a hand rubbed (very very light satin) rear. The top of the body, for example, is highly flamed so as the nitro wears you may start seeing flamed maple poke through.

This is really quite a striking looking / playing and resonant handmade guitar that is a joy to play. Sounds and plays as good as it looks, basically selling at less than the cost of its parts. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    MikeC said:
    Next up... am going to take a loss on this one... £850 ppg plus postage or collection near me (East Finchley, North London). 

Bought this off teyeplayer who bought it from the maker. I love it, but just have too many guitars. Had it 6 months, gigged it a few time and the decided to ask Jonathan at Feline to lower the big frets to c 43mm and fettle it a bit - now it feels just right, but need to thin the herd. Torn about selling this.
    But now have a Ryder SG and Huber Krauster ii to finance.  

Nought Flightcaster (Thinline Tele) - Built by our very own @danishbacon as a prototype for what I believe was a business idea that didn’t get off the ground due too limited a margin to make it viable. This is a truly incredible guitar, here’s the explanation from the man himself: It's called the Nought - Flightcaster because it weighs nought. It's very light at 2.67 kg

Body and neck are made by GSP. The body is swamp ash with a beautiful roasted maple neck. 

22mm at the 1st fret
    24.2mm at the 12th fret
    43mm nut width

frets taken down to 0.042"....42 thousandths of an inch - so wire is like vintage Gibson wire or Dunlop 6150

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump
    Westone on hold
    Westone sold to hopefully a happy new owner
    edited September 2023
    Gentle weekend bump, might px for a nice light classy valve amp. 
    edited September 2023
     Bump , hit me up with px on an amp please - ideally gigable, portable etc
  • Thats stunning
    Bump
  • Is the Tele neck heavy?
    Good question, yes with such a light body it should be, but it isn't. 
  • Pm’d
  • That Tele looks lush. I snooze, I lose
    Still available, make me an offer 
    Bump
  • If you consider to sell body only let me know, thanx.
    "The music you listen to, becomes the soundtrack of your life"
    Mike Bloomfield

Bump
    Bump, open to offers. 
    Price drop to £750 for a corker of a guitar. Plays like (unsalted low fat) butter / margarine etc
    Gentle bump