Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Live from Daryl's House - - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Live from Daryl's House -

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
in Music tFB Trader
Just been told about this - Daryl Hall and 'impromptu' jam, open house with a house band and a host of stars - Some more well known than others - Just looks fun

This one for starters with Joe Walsh - But look around as shed loads of them

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader

This with Cheap Trick - I want you to want me - Just like a great covers band and so much fun
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yep I liked that series, when it was on.  His barn always made me jealous though.  Wish I had a music space like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Yep I liked that series, when it was on.  His barn always made me jealous though.  Wish I had a music space like that.
    Tell me about it - I've only just found about it today but loving finding out thru a good browse etc 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • He has been doing it for years, certainly pre Covid. Some great acts too.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    This is my fav from the series…

https://youtu.be/ypwcitHSEQo?si=yqHGnlTeM0-PoW86
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The episodes with Billy Gibbons and Ceelo Green were also great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The episodes with Billy Gibbons and Ceelo Green were also great.
    Absolutely, it's a great series. I particularly liked the Billy Gibbons one.

Decades ago when I was in my early twenties, I was on holiday in the US travelling around a few states with a mate. We were in Las Vegas and Hall when Oates were playing Caesars Palace, so we figured we'd get tickets. We weren't exactly fans, but both had a broad taste in music, so we thought we'd check them out. I have to say, it was an excellent gig. They were both exceptional vocalists, something I'd never really appreciated before.
    edited September 2023 tFB Trader
    Crikey there is some brilliant stuff from this series - Cross between Box Scaggs and Michael McDonald meets Steely Dan etc

Looks like I'm going to be hooked on here for a while - Great musicianship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvt7ufNfq1g
    tFB Trader
    He has been doing it for years, certainly pre Covid. Some great acts too.
    I know that now - Wished I'd have been told about it ages ago
    It's like the best ever covers band - When you watch/listen to acts like this you realise it doesn't need to be in a category of jazz, blues, soul, funk, disco etc - Just put it in 'bloomin' good music'
  • I think those vids are fantastic. 
    I like how they figure out the arrangements and harmonies and nothing is too cheesy to consider - fully enter into the spirit of the song and do it justice. The Kenny Loggins Footloose one is pretty good. 
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    CaseOfAce said:
    I think those vids are fantastic. 
    I like how they figure out the arrangements and harmonies and nothing is too cheesy to consider - fully enter into the spirit of the song and do it justice. The Kenny Loggins Footloose one is pretty good. 
    I often use these videos when deciding on a cover arrangement. Footloose was a case in point because there aren’t many other useful videos.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    The one with Tommy Shaw is good 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    My personal favourite is Papa was a rolling stone.  Not sure who's in it but as a cover its bloody good.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Philly_Q said:
    The one with Tommy Shaw is good 
    and can you believe he turned 70 yesterday and still has 'that voice'