Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PRS Guitars - Hard to sell? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PRS Guitars - Hard to sell?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• ICBM said:
    I recently sold a DGT via a dealer on a commission sale. The shop carries pretty extensive PRS stock, so was definitely the right place to attract PRS customers. It sold in less than a week…
    I suspect you/they also priced it realistically.

I only wish I'd priced my Standard 22 a bit more unrealistically - it might have given me a chance to change my mind, since I regretted it almost as soon as it had sold.
    It was listed at £2,799 and sold for £2,650. It was a nice example (McCartyburst, no neck binding, nice top and Moons), pretty much mint with case, tags, etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • kinkin Frets: 1014
    kin said:
    I'd also rather listen to an out of tune Hendrix than a perfectly intonated john Mayer, bet he would too if you asked him.
    Or you know, why not just listen to both and enjoy a wide variety of music and genres. Fml this forum has become so toxic 
    How on earth is expressing an opinion on a platform expressly invented to allow people to debate, toxic?

Apparently it's ok for other posters to accuse people of jealousy or not having the wealth to afford a PRS but it's toxic to have a personal preference for one player over another.

I didn't malign John Mayer in any way. If that comment was toxic i can't imagine what type of forum your after, if anything this forum is far less toxic than it used to be

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Something I am surprised that hasn’t been mentioned is availability of finance/credit. 

With VERY broad brush strokes, I would say that PRS fall into the category of either being an aspirational purchase, which is much easier to achieve via financing (and thus pretty much having to buy new) OR it’s the sort of purchase where money kinda isn’t an object therefore why would you risking having ‘less than new’ by buying S/H.

I think PRS as a brand in particular suffer from this, so second hand values need to be lower to make it a compelling offer vs buying ‘over time’, and many sellers of pre owned gear (understandably) don’t want to play this game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter