Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). mini pedal board - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

mini pedal board

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10211
Who's got one? I'm going to make one.

Suggestions please for:

Wah (sprung, optical)
Pitch shift
OD
Phaser
Digi delay
Chorus

Is there a good mini tuner?

And what's a really good mini power block?

And what's a really good light hard pedal board box? 
Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    edited September 2023
    Rockboard Duo2.1 with the flight case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Rockboard Duo 2.2 user here. Comes with a sweet soft case for transporting.

I'm also using a Mooer Baby Tuner - so far so solid. I know every man and his dog has the TC PolyTune 2 mini - but I'm old school - I like to have a single string reading at a time (that - and it's 20 quid cheaper!).
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
  • A while back, when rebuilding my own mini board, I discovered the Pedaltrain SST Space Saving Tuner which is a great idea to save space. I didn't end up buying one in the end (I used my Boss TU-3 off-board) so don't have any personal experience of it in use. Neat idea though.

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    edited September 2023
    Strobostomp Mini is amazing for small boards.

For delay buy my GFI Orca that has space-saving top jacks and 2 presets. 

Phase 95 is nice and compact. 

Rockboard 2.1 is a lovely board. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That sounds far too complex to be "mini"!

Nevertheless, the Polytune Mini is my go-to and is great. I have a couple of them.

You can't go wrong with a Phase 95.

My instinct for pitch shift would be the EHX Pitch Fork, new EHX Pico POG, or Digitech Ricochet, depending on what you need it to do.

I'm less sure on the others.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Check out this thread for inspiration. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/215309/lets-see-your-small-mini-nano-pedalboards#latest

I love my Nano, but you do have to compromise. Actually, maybe that's why I like it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Mooer Wahter. You won't find many other sprung optical mini wahs out there....if any.
    Pedals in your other categories are a dime a dozen. You're spoiled for choice. 
  • Mr Black Mini Chorus sounds really good. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited September 2023
    Awesome suggestions - thank you! I was wondering whether this might be fun: or some cheaper alternatives for some of them. But I quite like the Bad Horsie Wah :)

• Also a 2.2 user. Very happy. 
  • Boss TU-3s is a nice size tuner, Mooer Wahter is a tiny, clever design and good sounding wah with pressure pads so only on whilst it senses foot pressure.
       My favourite wah is the Hotone soulpress 2, smaller than the standard wah with a fair bit of tweakabillity and sounds great.
  • A while back, when rebuilding my own mini board, I discovered the Pedaltrain SST Space Saving Tuner which is a great idea to save space. I didn't end up buying one in the end (I used my Boss TU-3 off-board) so don't have any personal experience of it in use. Neat idea though.

Looks perfect for a small board but they don't get good reviews. 
    edited September 2023
    Actually maybe this is a bit neater (and less frivolous)

• I have the Mooer Pitch Box and it doesn't sound too good - very artificial shifted sound. I also have the TC Sub'n'Up and the difference is night and day. I'd avoid the Mooer personally.
  • Another vote for a Polytune Mini (v3 here, avoid v1) as a nice mini tuner. I also enjoy the TC HoF Mini as a one-knob reverb that you can programme with the Toneprint app - perfect when your feet are as clumsy as mine.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Are you aiming for "mini" to mean lots of small pedals .to.end up not physically huge, or a simple board with fewer things? 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    The former. 

Thanks everyone - good info on the pitch shifter!
  • I’d go for a Mooer Green Mile for OD and either Mooer Baby Tuner or Polytune Mini as a tuner.  I have both tuners and they both do a good job.  The Polytune works fine as a chromatic tuner for single strings, so doesn’t have to be used in the “polytune mode”