Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). T. Rex Live 1972. Full Concert - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

T. Rex Live 1972. Full Concert

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
Fascinating stuff. 
Marc Bolan was a fine performer and a much better guitarist that I had expected.
Great footage and a real piece of musical history.
No tricks, just raw talent.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Thanks for posting. I'll be watching this when I get home to a bigger screen 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Incidentally, I always thought that the cover to their album Electric Warrior was as cool as feck..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I always feel slightly sorry for the bongo players in these circumstances (see also Hendrix at Woodstock).
    Their hands must need bandaging at the end of the performance!

A reminder of just how loud bands could get away with back in the 70s. Not exactly hi-fi either - and that acoustic guitar sounded dreadful.
    Absolutely love it though - rock and roll thru and thru.
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    CaseOfAce said:
    I always feel slightly sorry for the bongo players in these circumstances (see also Hendrix at Woodstock).
    Their hands must need bandaging at the end of before the performance!

FTFY :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    There's surprisingly little Bolan content on YouTube and practically no Tyrannosaurus Rex stuff, which is a shame as it was probably his most entertaining period...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ187x-6x_8
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    There was some live footage on YouTube of him doing either Get It On or Hot Love with a second guitarist. I wish I could find it again because it was brilliant. 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    There was a T-rex greatest hits released around 2000 and it's one of my favourite CDs ever. Just incredible pop songs.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    scrumhalf said:
    There was some live footage on YouTube of him doing either Get It On or Hot Love with a second guitarist. I wish I could find it again because it was brilliant. 
    The only occasion I've seen him with another guitar player was the outro to his show Marc, where he was briefly jamming with Bowie and promptly tumbled off the stage.
  • equalsql said:
    Fascinating stuff. 
    Marc Bolan was a fine performer and a much better guitarist that I had expected.
    Great footage and a real piece of musical history.
    No tricks, just raw talent.

The drummer is good.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    JezWynd said:
    There's surprisingly little Bolan content on YouTube and practically no Tyrannosaurus Rex stuff, which is a shame as it was probably his most entertaining period...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ187x-6x_8
    One of my favourite albums of the time was 'A Beard of Stars' from 1970, as the electric guitar made an appearance just before the name change & T.Rex exploded.
    Difficult to find on YouTube, but there's an online copy here, I'm unsure of location taste & legalities?.
    https://my.mail.ru/mail/anna_simarona/video/_myvideo/935.html?related_deep=1

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Great footage. Thanks for sharing this. Fascinating stuff
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    edited September 2023
    T Rex’s stuff is catchy with great hooks, but the nonsense lyrics always irritated the hell out of me. I’ve still got a ticket stub for a T Rex gig at Wembley but I honestly don’t remember anything about. I can only guess I’d taken somebody that did like them and I was desperately trying to pull her.