Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fake Kingtone pedals now - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fake Kingtone pedals now

What's Hot
ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 295
I just saw this, posted from the Kingtone Instagram. I'd have thought Jesse's pedals would be difficult to counterfeit with the precision laser cutting that goes into the finishing. Hopefully that makes it easier to spot the fakes.

IMG_4259.jpeg 368.6K
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    edited September 2023
    This bullshit never happened when pedals were like £69.

EDIT: Not that I don't think Jesse puts a lot of work into his products. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    Well now you can get a copy/fake of a £380 pedal for £62 delivered to you from China. Given that guitar pedals are still relatively low volume it’s quite impressive that there’s still profit there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1488
    "There is very little in this world that someone cannot make a little cheaper and a little worse"
    Attrb Lord (damn his eyes) Sugar.

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    ecc83 said:
    "There is very little in this world that someone cannot make a little cheaper and a little worse"

Dave.
    He has put this into practice with his TV programme !
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    ecc83 said:

Dave.
    He should know!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 202
    edited September 2023
    ecc83 said:

Nope.
    "There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper."
    J. A. Richards in the February 1901 issue of “Profitable Advertising: The Advertiser’s Trade Journal”

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    That is the wisest thing I have ever heard him say. It's not a long list.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1488
    guyinlyon said:
    ecc83 said:

Nope.
    "There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper."
    J. A. Richards in the February 1901 issue of “Profitable Advertising: The Advertiser’s Trade Journal”

I'm obliged. I have known the quote for years but only had it attributed to 'The Awful Man'

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Oh thank goodness - my long held opinion of Lordsuga (Formerly Sralan) remains unchanged. Cheers @guyinlyon ;
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong