Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Helix Floor footswitch LED resolder/replacement - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Helix Floor footswitch LED resolder/replacement

Minor issue has cropped up on my aging Helix Floor - the LEDs on the two footswitches nearest the expression pedal are failing. I've put the unit into diagnostic mode and checked what's going on, and appears not all the LED channels are lighting up equally, if at all. 

Pressing lightly on the suspect LEDs does cause them to light up/display more colours, so I think the solder has failed and individual connections need reflowing.

I've been quoted £300 to replace the entire board, and that's a bit galling, seeing as the actual fault is trivial, materials wise.

Has anyone just had the LEDs replaced or resoldered rather than the whole board, and if so where and for what cost? They look like the sort of part someone experienced in GPU repair could do with a hot air soldering station, but I'd obviously prefer to go to somewhere that's already seen and fixed this issue.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter