Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Songs you just can't listen to once.... - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Songs you just can't listen to once....

What's Hot
blobbblobb Frets: 2600
Play > repeat > play > repeat > etc....

This is mine. What's yours?

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    There are quite a lot of songs I just can't listen to once. The entire hip-hop catalogue for starters. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    That's not what I meant :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I've never been one to listen to songs repeatedly, I'd rather move on to something else.  And I'm more of an albums person really.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    edited September 2023
    Had a dad - Jane’s Addiction (Nothing Shocking album)

Motorbike - Flatworms (Flatworms)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • In fact most songs off Skyscraper by David Lee Roth 
     My fave album ever 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    I'm obsessed with this Korean song and I don’t understand a word of it.
    The way it builds, the vocals, the guitar and the chords just get to me.. in a good way  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • If ABBA played metal...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Usually repetitive electronica for me:

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Actually I have thought of one:

• I usually need this one at least twice.

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2493
    edited September 2023
    blobb said:
    Play > repeat > play > repeat > etc....

This is mine. What's yours?

Ha! That's one of my favourite albums of all time and yes, when it came out I did have to play that one over and over (which was a lot more difficult with vinyl and a linear tracking turntable). It was on CD for about five minutes around twenty years ago (I failed to buy it then), and has never been put on streaming so I can only hear it on YouTube these days. 

Sometimes I'm tempted to listen to Dirty Boy by Cardiacs, but if I do that I have to go back and listen to all of Sing to God, so I have to be careful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Impeccable taste =)
  • Black Hole Sun, either the original version or the Norah Jones cover a few days after he passed. Never tire of hearing it
  • Do you mean songs that you cannot listen to even once to completion or songs that you want to hear over and over again?
    the latter (see Tannin comment above).
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I'm not into repeat playing, I like to prolong a songs longevity by not overplaying. I've had this since I was a teen. My sister would annoy me, buying a single and playing it again and again continuously!
    at the end of Baz's Party on Jilted John's True Love Stories, there is a lovely little soundbite where at the end of the song a voice says 'Put it on again...Put it on again' =)
  • The Safety Dance.
  • The one that comes to mind is Ghosts by Japan. Can't say it would suit every mood.  
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.