Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Who new Helix can do three paths ! - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Who new Helix can do three paths !

What's Hot
Well, not me ! 

I had an interview this morning and need to play to a backing track as well as use my mic. Teams would let me play a video from YouTube, but I had no way of testing it. 
A quick google led me to a video of a gentleman showing how to get up to four separate paths. Excellent! So I had my guitar, mic and iPad all going into the helix . Worked a treat and much easier then getting out my behringer x12 (my back up plan). 
I can’t remember how I played music during lockdown lessons? I think I just held my phone close to the mic ! Doh. 
I think the helix has been one of my most used/best purchases for the guitar. If it was only a bit smaller, I’d use it live.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I think it can do 4 in total??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • willowillo Frets: 240
    I didn't know this but I love the Helix workflow. It's amazing.
  • Yeah , it can do four . Pretty cool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yeah but how do you actually get 4? Ive only  been  able to do it by starting from one of the stock presets but would love to know how to do it from a blank preset. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This is the tutorial I followed.

https://youtu.be/4gXWdJLMbL0?si=o9z48DwM_1WAuZE-

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cool! I've had my HX FX running 2 paths - one with a crossover filter, poly octave and bass preamp into a bass amp/DI box alongside a more 'standard' guitar line. 

I guess I could run 3 VERY basic paths using the FX loop inputs/outputs too, although 4 of the 9 blocks would be used up with the individual loop models. 
  • I did, I did! I did Sir!

I've done it a couple of times, but generally I don't need it. My Helix is the rack unit and these days it never goes anywhere as I only gig on bass at the moment.