Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB - a nice set of pickups for a wolfgang - Sorted - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB - a nice set of pickups for a wolfgang - Sorted

Catalyst77Catalyst77 Frets: 56
edited September 2023 in Parts £
I need to replace the pups in my peavey Wolfgang - so just seeing what’s out there. No strong views on type as long as it’s not super hot - I guess anything 14k or above - needs to be short leg - and probably F spaced at the bridge I’d prefer hand wound but am open to ideas. I play pretty much hard rock stuff , so think van halen, AC/DC, guns n roses (three totally different sounds
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• My Sterling By Musicman AX40 sounds rather rocky with a DiMarzio Crunch Lab in the bridge position. I would pair it with a Liquifire if I could source one in black/cream.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004
    I suggest taking a look at the EMG Hot 70 sets,Ive had a few guitars now with these in and they are fantasic at nailing rock/metal tones

Or if your looking for super bargain then Donlis pickup's from ali have some great budget options,there DH05 SD copies are like £30 a set delivered !

• Thanks all, lots of great pups in there so thanks for the suggestions - ended up going with an Alegree hot PAF ceramic set, so hopefully that will scratch the itch.