Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). K.L.O incoming - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

K.L.O incoming

SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1170
Klon-like object on the horizon. A second-hand Decibelics Golden Horse turned up locally for a good price so I pulled the trigger on it.

I played a real Klon once in a shop and quite liked it, though I would have said it was a 250 quid pedal at the most. 

The other dirt pedals I have on my board are a KoT clone, an MXR Timmy, a ThorpyFX Boneyard and a Bogner Oxford Fuzz. Where would people suggest putting the Klone? I have an unbuffer in front of the Boneyard so there are no impedance issues with putting other pedals before it, and I currently have the Timmy running into it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I like my Klones at the front of the chain, but i don’t use fuzz. The recent Klon Andertons video on YT, was quite revealing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Welcome to the Decibelics family, I have all 3 and they're great! 

I run boneyard - compressor - golden royale, first side clean boost 2nd side gain, then into the rest of my drives

IMG_9665.jpeg 431.4K
  • I’m going to try it first in the chain and see what it does.

The Boneyard on the two transistor setting works great being pushed by the Timmy (with the unbuffer in between). It sounds quite “amp like” as much as that is a cliche when talking about pedals, and less like an obvious fuzz pedal. I think the GR could also give some good results doing the same thing.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1170
    edited September 2023
    So it arrived, it’s cool, it doesn’t stack as well as the Timmy does into my other drive pedals (likely due to the the flexibility of the high and low pass filters on the Timmy). On its own, into a cleanish amp, it does a thing which is quite nice. 

I can see the appeal, though if you spent 5 or 6 grand on one, you would need need your head examined, though if you had that much to drop on one you could likely afford it, so who am I to judge how you spend your money.