Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Eko classical bolt on neck? - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Eko classical bolt on neck?

Any ideas if the neck is detachable on this 60s eko classical guitar , the construction looks like it is but not too sure.

The action is 5mm at the 12th fret with  no  movement on the bridge to get it lower, was hoping to shim the neck. 

https://ibb.co/Rvff6mV

Thanks 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    No, glued-in.

Quite a lot of cheap classicals have that type of joint. It is at least easier to reset than a traditional heel, but you'll still have to get the neck out.

Is the neck bowed at all? If so you should be able to make a big difference to the action by straightening it. If it doesn't have a truss rod it will most likely be a plain steel reinforcement bar - you can sometimes put in a deliberate bend with these, although you need to be careful.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBM said:
    No, glued-in.

Quite a lot of cheap classicals have that type of joint. It is at least easier to reset than a traditional heel, but you'll still have to get the neck out.

Is the neck bowed at all? If so you should be able to make a big difference to the action by straightening it. If it doesn't have a truss rod it will most likely be a plain steel reinforcement bar - you can sometimes put in a deliberate bend with these, although you need to be careful.
    thanks ,  the neck is straight but looks as though there is some bellying around the bridge which has caused the issue . I was going to restring with ball end classical strings and shave the bridge but not too sure it would be worth the effort .