Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). All Sold Genz Benz ? 2x12 Cab G12M Creamback/Vintage 30 £150 Sold - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

All Sold Genz Benz ? 2x12 Cab G12M Creamback/Vintage 30 £150 Sold

What's Hot
Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
edited September 2023 in Amps £

2x12 Cab G12M Creamback/Vintage 30 £150 Sold

There is no badge but has the GENZ Benz model code, serial number and is the same cabinet construction as my black pearl

In good condition, a few light marks but nothing unexpected or bothersome
One of the metal covers on the handle bracket sometimes works itself loose but can be easily replaced

Quality construction, this extension cab was a good match for the black pearl as can be seen in the photo (the Black Pearl has now gone.. s) so is of similar standards

Comes with the highly regarded and very useful combination of Celestion G12M65  Creamback/Vintage 30 speakers that do work really well together.
Both speakers are 8Ohm
The flexibility of the wiring of this cab means that you can run these in series (16Ohm) or in parallel (4Ohm) so this cab will suit most every amps outputs
(unless you’re amp only has an 8Ohm tap but I don’t think there are many of those around

Mug of tea, waiting in Nottingham, or could meet up within a reasonable distance at a service station apologies, but I have difficulties in travelling

Very good value for a cab of this quality and flexibility I think at £150

GENZ BENZ Black Pearl 30 2x12 Combo, Footswitch - Sold

The eagle eyed on here will note that I have previously sold this and then bought it back…..
but needs must and all that, and a combination of me getting older and taking better responsibility for the clutter in the house (promises have been made and need to be kept this time  )
This is on the block, and is staying there

An amazing amp and very close to those boutique AC30 style amps without breaking the bank.
It sounds superb, and  with the flexible EQ and voicing switches it covers a lot of territory and it has a valve reverb so you can get some cracking tones.
The four EL84s can be switched to 2 tubes via toggle to provide a nominal 15-watt performance.
The pentode/triode toggle can then take the output down to around eight watts in a triode mode that promises increased saturation, compression and a slightly darker sonic signature.

This adds a great deal of versatility to the amplifier in terms of its use in different scenarios. At a gig, for example, you could take advantage of the extra headroom delivered by running the amp on full power, perhaps switching to half-power mode for rehearsal, and triode mode for achieving optimum saturation at lower volumes in the studio.

It's built like a tank, Mesa levels of quality in the cab construction, mil-spec PCB's, custom transformers, and the cream on top are the 2 Eminence Red Fang speakers, quite expensive on their own
Some might say that £250 for the speakers, alone is not unreasonable.

I have seriously toyed with keeping the Red Fangs and sticking other speakers in there, I have been strongly advised to do this, partly to get more money back,
but have decided that the Genz sounds so much better with the Fangs and I wouldn’t want the new owner to feel short-changed

I received it from a wonderful fellow from this parish in excellent condition and I have mollycoddled it at home with no excursions outside of the house other than the previous brief sale as mentioned and a recent visit, to the highly recommended OldAmps in Sheffield  to get it up to speed and tip top
This was an expensive visit so I am looking to get most of that cost back

Therefore am looking for £450 on here before I stick it on the usual outlets for considerably more
The only one I can see up at the moment is at Moto Music which is the 1x12 combo up at £899 so I think this is reasonable

Mug of tea awaits in Nottingham, apologies but I am unable to meet or ship this one.

Zilla 1x12 Cab Vintage 30  8Ohm Withdrawn

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I always say this when you think about selling it Martin so I’ll repeat it for anyone who is new to the place.

An absolutely fantastic amp that although voxy at heart can easily stray into fender and marshall territory using the voice switch and the EQ.

Great master volume means it works at home and in a band too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited September 2023
    Man, such amazing amps and I'd have one again in a heartbeat but recently bought another amp so can't excuse buying this one as well

I echo all of the above from the good Dr and would also add that these are boutique level build quality, equivalent with any other brand you care to think of. 

Don't suppose you fancy a trade for a Princeton do you??!! Hahaha

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 270
    edited September 2023
    Great amp …..I brought it onto the forum when I sold it to the Doc in Aug 2020…..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
    edited September 2023
    Many thanks @DrCornelius and @Voxsupertwin ;;
    Thanks also @Boromedic, I appreciate the offer but I am committed to keeping my promise to get stuff out the house!, can’t have any more amps coming in, sorry about that
  • No worries @Sevenof9 , probably for the best, good luck with the sale, I hope it goes quick so I don't keep getting tempted :joy: 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Price is good, considering the service work ….and compared to some of the prices of current amps new….it’s more than a bit of a bargain …..
    Motomusic are dreaming zzzz
  • Many thanks again @Boromedic ;
    Yes indeed @Voxsupertwin, yes they are indeed dreaming..
    Shame because if it was a sensible price I would have bought it months ago…
    Yes service work included 
    new bass pot installed, all the pots were re-soldered, and solder was added to all the power valve sockets.
    Everything was tightened down, and all pots, switches, jacks, and valve seats were sprayed.
  • 1x12 on temporary withdrawal pending other cab movements
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
    edited September 2023
    Genz Pending
  • Genz 2x12 Cab added 
  • 2x12 cab now £150
  • The stars did not align so the 2x12 is back up available