Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 40th Anniversary Strat Build - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

40th Anniversary Strat Build

What's Hot
I wasn’t too sure whether or not to start talking about this until it was finished, but here goes anyway.

Ive been trying (for years) to “build” a Strat, every time it gets close to fruition I end up selling the parts because Ive lost interest or a customer sees the body and neck I’ve done and I wants to buy them. But not this time.. I’m actually quite close to the end after taking a friends advice and not planning a build - he suggested just plucking my favourite bits off the line and making a guitar with them. And that’s what I’ve done. 

Every time I’ve gone to shoot a burst specifically for myself I ended up making a mistake and scrapping the idea. So this time it was a case of waiting for the right moment to see which body I fancied. And here it is -

Yes, it’s a crude pic but it hopefully lets you see why I like it. I’m currently finishing up the neck so I’ll post pics once it’s done. Again, progress shots weren’t taken as I didn’t know id be using these parts. But that’s the beauty of it all… it’s slightly crazy and pretty scatty but hopefully I’ll have a fully built guitar by the start of October, just in time for the big 4-0.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments