Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Typical -weather - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Typical -weather

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Kids gone/going back to school and the summer finally decides to start - Going to be mid 20’s all week 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    Business as usual IME 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Couldn't make it up.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    it's great isn't it? I can finally go to nice places in nice weather without hordes of other people being there!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    VimFuego said:
    it's great isn't it? I can finally go to nice places in nice weather without hordes of other people being there!
    I was going to say the same thing!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited September 2023
    I hate hot weather but at least by this time of year the days are starting to get shorter.

I've been stuck at home this week with Covid and fortunately it wasn't too hot.  Looking forward to going back to the air-conditioned office this week now the temperature's going up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Arrived on Friday for a week on the lizard at a house with outdoor pool. Which was nice. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    munckee said:
    Arrived on Friday for a week on the lizard at a house with outdoor pool. Which was nice. 
    Is 'a week on the lizard' like being 'on the lash'  or 'on the job'?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2339
    edited September 2023
    Kids gone/going back to school and the summer finally decides to start - Going to be mid 20’s all week 
    It's great isn't it! 

I've got a week's annual leave by the way.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    munckee said:
    Is 'a week on the lizard' like being 'on the lash'  or 'on the job'?
    No it’s a leathery skinned hooker from the west country, lucky Munckee!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckee said:
    Nice. Kynance is a beautiful spot. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    Nice. Kynance is a beautiful spot. 
    Agree
    and not to far away a nice pub called the Ferry Boat on the Helford River 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    Indian summer...
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    edited September 2023
    One of the things I miss most about living in England here in the US is the fact that England doesn't actually have any weather! At least none worth talking about, and maybe that's why British people have a reputation for talking about it so much. Here in the US, people in the media and politics are always banging on about 'the community'; people tend to wax lyrical about the things they don't have! 

Here in Miami, we're in the throes of hurricane season, with the west coast having just taken a battering from Hurricane Idalia. Other parts of the country can be laid waste by fires, ransacked by tornadoes, or plunged into feet-deep snow that brings areas to a standstill. Weather can change people's lives for the worse here. It's a big plus when the worst you can get is that it's a bit parky or a bit hot, although I suppose the heat has upped a bit over the last twenty years or so.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 855
    just as I'm off to Sicily....typical  :/
  • Lovely- all kids and tourists are back to school/work and I can finally go out to fave spots.
    I live in Christchurch/Bournemouth and it's Beautiful corner of the world, but every "summer" weekend or Bank Holiday is when you stay in your garden and try to avoid going absolutely anywhere, whether it's any of the beaches or New Forest. 
    We just wrapped up Bournemouth Air Festival which just adds to the "fun". 

• BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Yep. Get the little bastards back to school and make the countryside/beaches pleasant again. Looking forward to this week 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    I thought no kids were going back to school because of concretegate
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Yep, put one grandchild on the train on Friday and took the two smaller ones back home on motorcycles yesterday - freedom! 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Philly_Q said:
    I hate hot weather but at least by this time of year the days are starting to get shorter.

I've been stuck at home this week with Covid and fortunately it wasn't too hot.  Looking forward to going back to the air-conditioned office this week now the temperature's going up.
    Same here. Who wants sleepless nights, the inability to work efficiently (at work), sweating all day. Don’t get me wrong, I like a sunny day as much as any other human being but temps in the 30’s? No thank you.

Get well soon.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    On the train on the way down to Devon for a few days. If the weather holds it should be glorious. Even if it's not, it's having a break that's the important thing, been working my nuts off for the last six months since I last had a week. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    On the train on the way down to Devon for a few days. If the weather holds it should be glorious. Even if it's not, it's having a break that's the important thing, been working my nuts off for the last six months since I last had a week. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    A couple of weeks ago it was so cold I actually switched on the heater in my den to warm it up.  Today I'm up there with the window wide open and it's still frackin' sweltering!

I love sunny weather but I'm not a fan of 30 deg heat in this country.  Mid-20s max is enough for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • On Thursday I had to use an electric radiator for the first time in about 3 months in my converted garage. But now its not needed as its so hot now. Weird how the weather changes in the space of a day or two.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    edited September 2023
    I had the heating on in my office last week - it was 16C of a morning.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    edited September 2023
    I’m in Spain until Wednesday and it’s crazy hot - today it’s 30 degrees but muggy as hell with no breeze . I’m looking forward to coming home to a late British summer tbh
  • In the middle of a kitchen extension/refit and we’re without a fridge, freezer and kitchen sink all week. At least the plaster has dried now, Saturday was just a bit humid in our house!
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    edited September 2023
    I've just been off for 2 weeks.  Had loads of external jobs I needed to do  with the house and garden and was also hoping for some dry days to be able to take my old Mum out for some nice day runs.  It's been nothing but pissy wet weather interspersed by waves of torrential rain.  The moss is thick and green everywhere I look.  Started back at work last night and suddenly the weather gets nice, warm and dry.  At least I managed to get the grass cut and spray weed killer on the 12" high weeds I was unable to treat while it was crap wet weather.  I took a risk and hung a guitar body outside to swing in the slight breeze and catch as much sun as possible all day to help harden the finish while I slept today.  Amazing the difference that makes to the speed of hardening the finish.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Just took the dogs out for a walk at 0130. Poor little mites are sweltering in the house but I’ve put a fan on them. Another reason I don’t like this weather.
    I play at my dining room table.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 32C (allegedly, we’ll see if it gets there) in September for 2-3 days is a nice little summer farewell before everything’s wet & grey for 8 months. 
  • You know it's hot out there when you turn on the cold water and hot water comes out.