Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Pics or it never happened - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Pics or it never happened

What's Hot
Apologies for the x link but if you look closely at this you’ll see Thin Lizzy with Gary Moore playing a Strat and Scott Gorman playing a Danelectro!
https://x.com/thekennyeverett/status/1697680989512769977?s=61&t=r7WEFVyXbZ0W1IiUuE2Hkw
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I loved the manic chaos of Kenny Everett's show. Such fun to teenage me!

Danelectro's - bloody ugly guitars
    Gary Moore - He played strats a LOT back in the day. To me he was synonymous with a red strat before his blues era took off.

Damn, makes me want to go find that Thin Lizzy performance now ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    .........it was " all in the best possible taste "
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    What point is the OP trying to make?  I saw Gary Moore playing a Strat, a pink one, but the excerpt from the TV show was mimed. They could have played cricket bats and jumped around for all that performance!!!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• I saw him on tour in around 1991 with the rhythm section guys from Skunk Anaise, he had just released a new album. Played a red Strat all night, no Lizzy song’s sadly.
  • I wondered if they had been borrowed off whoever although Phil seems to be playing (okay miming with) his own bass. 
    Still, at least you didn't post the clip of them on Jim'll Fix It. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Rocker said:
    What point is the OP trying to make?  I saw Gary Moore playing a Strat, a pink one, but the excerpt from the TV show was mimed. They could have played cricket bats and jumped around for all that performance!!!
    Never seen Scott with anything but a deluxe
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Rocker said:
    He was using this for the Thunder and Lightning era

https://i.imgur.com/8KIbbDe.jpg

and then strats/strat types after Lizzy. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Rocker said:
    Schecter built him a Strat with a Gibson scale length in about 1982, that being the primary reason he didn't get on with them. 
    He picked it up from Chandlers while I was in the shop. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    p90fool said:
    Rocker said:
    Schecter built him a Strat with a Gibson scale length in about 1982, that being the primary reason he didn't get on with them. 
    He picked it up from Chandlers while I was in the shop. 
    Did he get your autograph ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Haha no, but as the next customer in line I got the bits and pieces I bought thrown in a jiffy bag with "Scott Gorham" and a list of parts written on it. I might even still have it somewhere now I think about it!