Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Diezel Einstein Channel 1 modes footswitch mod - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Diezel Einstein Channel 1 modes footswitch mod

What's Hot
I have a Diezel Einstein incoming and I'm considering having the channel 1 modes mod done so all 3 modes on the first channel are footswitchable. Has anyone on the forum had this done and if so, could you recommend where could I find out some info about what's involved in doing the mod? (I won't be doing the mod myself, I can't be trusted with general power tools, never mind modding valve amps!)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Can't offer any help, other than I had an Einstein and it was a super amp! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    Having owned a couple of Einsteins, I'd probably not bother as I'd get no real benefit from it. Between the two channels and a pedalboard you're getting enough sounds without futzing with the amp.  

What I will also say, is that they are one of my favorite amps of all time I've had a head and a combo. I absolutely love them. Hugely versatile and HUGE sounding. 

Why are you wanting to change it without seeing how it works for you, first?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nerine said:
    Having owned a couple of Einsteins, I'd probably not bother as I'd get no real benefit from it. Between the two channels and a pedalboard you're getting enough sounds without futzing with the amp.  

What I will also say, is that they are one of my favorite amps of all time I've had a head and a combo. I absolutely love them. Hugely versatile and HUGE sounding. 

Why are you wanting to change it without seeing how it works for you, first?
    It was more just an idea to see if anyone had had it done and to see if it was a benefit on the Einstein, mainly in a live setting. From demos I've heard, modes 1-3 on channel 1 are my favourite sounds and channel 2 is a bit much for what I play live - I used to have a VH4 that I used to switch between channels 1-3 in a similar way and channel 4 was a bit much for me. I'll give it a good go when it lands - the voicing differences between that and the VH4 may mean I actually like channel 2 on the Einstein more than channel 4 on the VH4.

If I end up playing guitar live more, I may well get it done to open up those options. If I'm staying doing more studio stuff, I don't need to bother with it.
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 183
    Is this what you're after? https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/einstein-channel-1-modes-instructions-schem-and-a-board.24857/

I've got an unmolested 50W head that I should probably break out of the cupboard again at some point but I'm keeping mine standard as I love it the way it is, albeit when it's not in the cupboard.
  • I liked the Einstein I owned but it could do with a little tweaking to get the best out of it I think.
  • So far, I’m loving the Einstein! I’ve not used it live yet, just in recording, but it sounds really great. With the settings I like to use between the channel 1 modes, there’s a big volume difference between the clean and mode 3 so I’ll probably not get the footswitch mod done and just use channel 2 or use it as a single channel amp and get some drive pedals sorted to get what I want from it. For the music I tend to play live, modes 1 & 2 on channel 1 are spot on (one for each band). The versatility is so useful for recording clients
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    So far, I’m loving the Einstein! I’ve not used it live yet, just in recording, but it sounds really great. With the settings I like to use between the channel 1 modes, there’s a big volume difference between the clean and mode 3 so I’ll probably not get the footswitch mod done and just use channel 2 or use it as a single channel amp and get some drive pedals sorted to get what I want from it. For the music I tend to play live, modes 1 & 2 on channel 1 are spot on (one for each band). The versatility is so useful for recording clients

You’re welcome. ;)

Pleased you’re enjoying it mate. They’re killer amps. 

The only improvement I could advise is some slightly lower gain preamp valves. Tends to help with the compression in the gain stages, and this amp does have some. I went from Chinese to Russian (this was a while back) and it improved the amp. Made it feel a little less squishy.