Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WITHDRAWN | ESP Standard ‘USA Eclipse-II 24’ (MIJ) - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WITHDRAWN | ESP Standard ‘USA Eclipse-II 24’ (MIJ)

HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 25
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
For sale is a somewhat rare example of an ESP Standard Eclipse with a confusing model name.  This is rare due to:

- The ‘proper’ ESP logo on the headstock which is very rare to find on Eclipse models, and
- The lack of ESP flag inlays. 

* Info *

This is an 2011 ESP Standard MIJ model. As this is a rare model and could be confused as a custom shop, or worse - a fake - I have added a couple of images to support this. One is a screenshot from an online shop listing. The other is from the ESP catalogue at the time this was produced. Full specs can be found in that image.

This is a sublime playing guitar, as is common with all the ESP Standard MIJ standard series models. My two ESP Standards are the best playing guitars I have come across, which includes custom shop models from the big F & G brands. The fit and finish is top-notch.

This comes with the original ESP case. 

* Condition * 

There are no dings or notable scratches present. I look after my guitars. However, this is a gloss black guitar so in bright lighting environments you will notice paint swirls and pick marks. These are not visible in normal lighting conditions. There are some very light string scratches on the front of the headstock due to string changes. There are also some light friction marks from a strap around the upper strap button. These are all very difficult to photograph.  Anything in the pictures looking like more significant scratches is purely outside reflections.

This had a full setup from Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow last September. It is currently strung with 10s in standard tuning.

The case has some minor exterior marks as the guitar has been transported to and from lessons in the past, but is in pretty good overall condition. Pictures of the case can be made available on request.

* Electronics Changes *

The guitar originally came with Seymour Duncan Blackouts which were not to my taste, but these have been replaced with the EMG James Hetfield ‘Het’ Set. The wiring has been replaced with the EMG quick-connect wiring. Two volume, and one master tone. The original pickups are not included. 

A combination of the rarity of the appearance, and the overall condition of this 12+ year old guitar, has been taken into account with the price. As some will be aware, outwith the USA Custom Shop (£5k+) you cannot buy Eclipse models with the ESP logo any more.  Even so, when this was produced the proper ESP logo was rare on Eclipse models.  They usually used the cursive 'ESP' text instead.

This is only being sold as I now have a few 'modern' HH guitars and I'm looking for a new sound in the stable.  Since I already have another ESP which has more sentimental attachment, then unfortunately this is the one to go in order to make room. 

In terms of specific location, I am in West Kilbride (40 mins from Glasgow).

- Smoke-free home
- Collection preferred, but happy to deliver or meet in the greater Glasgow area.  A meet-up a bit further afield can be arranged if needed. 
- The guitar won't be posted or couriered, sorry

Thanks for looking!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 25
    edited September 2023
    Price lowered as I now realise I was a bit over-enthusiastic with my initial estimate!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2023
    While cash is preferred, I would welcome trades for the following with maple fretboards: MIA Fender HSS Strats (ideally Elite or Ultra), Suhr S/T-types, or an Ibanez AZ Prestige.  Maybe throw the SG '61 Standard in there too.  Happy to consider others, but I'm not really looking for HH guitars.

I would also be open to Friedman or Victory amps.  

Obviously cash either way depending on what’s on offer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    Whenever I think of getting a singlecut, it's this spec I think of. GLWTS
  • carlos said:
    Whenever I think of getting a singlecut, it's this spec I think of. GLWTS
    Thank you! It’s a great guitar. A very sleek single cut with a bit of LP Custom-like flair without the bulk.  I’ll be sad to see it go, but I’m just after a different sound. 

Despite the thinner body compared to a LP, it’s definitely more LP-like in sound rather than SG-like. 
    edited September 2023
    A local guitar listing has caught my eye, so for a quick sale I am lowering the asking price.
    edited September 2023
    A quick bump.  Having now played it, I'd be loathed to let the aforementioned local guitar that caught my eye slip away.  So if anyone can get in the ballpark this week then I'd be happy to consider offers.
  • Standard issue bump. 
  • Bump.  Still considering sensible offers, as well as the trades previously listed.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Trades in the third post have been adjusted.  

As mentioned in the original post, a meet-up a bit further afield can be arranged if needed.