Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A weird Bigsby set up here? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A weird Bigsby set up here?

I was looking at some Slowdive live stuff, and noticed the Bigsby on the Gretsch seems to be, I am guessing, and aftermarket one, as the hardtail bridge still looks to be on the guitar, but not fully assembled.
Minute 2:26, you can clearly see it:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Yeah, looks like an older stoptail Eletromatic model with a B3 added. And the stop tail still in use as a tension bar. Doesn't feel to me like the best way to set up that guitar, but I'm not judging, I guess!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @stickyfiddle I was thinking as much as well!
  • It does look as though the stopbar  is being used as a tension bar. It would sort of make sense as without a tension bar the string break angle over the bridge would be too shallow to use a Bigsby without a tension bar on that model Electromatic as the neck set angle is too low.
  • @Henrytwang mskes sense !