Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NPD Pete Cornish NB-3 - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NPD Pete Cornish NB-3

What's Hot
BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 146
What can I say? Impressive, unique and powerful would be a good start. The headroom and amount of available boost in this thing is staggering. You read a lot about an "always on" pedal and to a degree this is one of those. Even when not engaged because the in-built buffer tidies up your signal after going through prior pedals . I've not had chance to fully explore its capabilities as yet but I am loving it so far. Both into my tweed combo and Dualist half stack it does something special. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I also got one today! Marvellous boost.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yep, it’s a brilliant circuit. Enjoy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 874
    It is great. I have the NBM-2, which combines the boost with a tuner/mute.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm a huge Cornish fan; i don't know what the magic is, partly the buffer ? I dunno...

Owned a few NB3... BUT I have to recommend Echoline Pedals...

I purchased the Signal Driver, which is meant to be an exact clone of the NB3.

And I have compared the two side-by-side; I can confirm they are EXACTLY the same !

Sorry for sounding like an advert, I have no link other than enthusiasm.

Mind you, beautifully made and the Back To The Future style knob. Love it.

And... £129... cheap as...

https://www.echolinepedals.com/pedals/p/signal-driver-boost

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Wazmeister you are a true gent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I couldn't be happier with the nb3. Especially with my tweedledee 5e3. Les paul, nb3 and into the amp that's starting to drive is a really great sound that's so textural and dynamic 
  • I couldn't be happier with the nb3. Especially with my tweedledee 5e3. Les paul, nb3 and into the amp that's starting to drive is a really great sound that's so textural and dynamic 
    Yep, agreed. They are awesome with 5e3 (and shoot off) circuits. I like to use as minimal a set up as I can with those amps to keep the sound, feel and response as pure as possible… and it sounds like you’ve nailed it right there!
    Yep, agreed. They are awesome with 5e3 (and shoot off) circuits. I like to use as minimal a set up as I can with those amps to keep the sound, feel and response as pure as possible… and it sounds like you’ve nailed it right there!
    Thanks. I actually put together a separate pedal board for the amp so that things were kept minimalist. Clyde wah, tremolo then into the nb3.