Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Worth selling? HX Effects that won’t update. - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Worth selling? HX Effects that won’t update.

What's Hot
LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1179
I recently replaced my HX Effects as I can’t update the firmware on it. It’s stuck on 2.5 (think we’re up to 3.5 now). 
It’s perfectly useable with this firmware but doesn’t have all the extra fx that have been added with subsequent updates. I’ve gigged with it for 2 years and it’s been worked faultlessly. 

My question is, would anyone be interested in buying it at a lower price? I didn’t want to clog up the classifieds with a feeler thread so thought I’d try and gauge interest here. 

If this is isn’t allowed I’ll happily delete. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    edited August 2023
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1179
    edited August 2023
    @equalsql i can’t remember tbh, it was quite a while ago when I tried. Remember trying various solutions, help from Line6 tech support etc and trying various computers with no luck. 
    I’ll give these a go though so thanks for the links.

I spoke to their repair team and was advised it wasn’t worth sending in as it would likely cost a fortune to sort. Anyways, one came up locally at a decent price and I happened to have some spare cash for once so…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm sure there was something about 2.8 or 2.9 where you needed to update to that before updating any further? Worth checking your updater is up-to-date too
  • I'm sure there was something about 2.8 or 2.9 where you needed to update to that before updating any further? Worth checking your updater is up-to-date too
    Yeah, I went through all of that at the time and I’m fairly confident there’s a fault with the unit itself. 
    I might try again or just put it up for sale as is, someone might end up with a bargain if they have more luck. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3376
    edited September 2023
    My bandmate bought an HX FX on here.  The seller was very open, the unit wouldn't allow him to do a backup (he'd tried different leads, I think that he'd tried another computer).  The unit would still work and you could get around the problem by exporting and re-importing setlists, but no backup.  It arrived, he brought it over to me and I backed it up first time of asking.

It's like tone - it's all in the fingers
    4reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    I've got an HXFX with a broken USB port - think I got it up to the release that had the new Rat model or thereabouts. I've thought about going back to a HX Stomp which would make the FX surplus to requirements. However I'm resigned to fact I wouldn't get much for it, so would just keep it as a backup.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • Kinda where I am tbh. I’m thinking, stick it up for £200 and if no one takes it I’ll keep it as a spare. 
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    There’s a bloke in the classifieds looking for something like this for a kids gift.