Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New amp day Toneking - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New amp day Toneking

What's Hot
Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 182
Toneking imperial mk2

New amp day well I’ve had it a month now and I’ve played it 2 hours everyday since.  What a fantastic amp with so many tonal options with it with the dual channels blackface one side and tweed deluxe the other and Ironman attenuation built in.  Fantastic reverb and amazing tremolo also.

It honestly does all I need as I like that Kirk fletcher Robben ford kind of thing.  Throw in some Scott mckeon and classic rock zztop tones and it nails all those.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 182
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Congrats !

Thats a crackimg set up you have there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • *Aaron**Aaron* Frets: 72
    Nice mate. Looks good in the cream 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • How's the balance between channels if you're set for clean/crunch or crunch/lead, etc.?
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 182
    @digitalkettle ;

thats not how I run the amp for my preferences as I treat each channel as a different amp.  But my volumes are matched between both when I play one or the other.  I run zero attenuation on the rhythm side and use between 1-3 clicks of attenuation on the lead side depending on what kind of tone I’m after and adjust with my volume controls on guitar.  It’s an amp that requires a lot of playtime and learning its ins and outs.  Once you do you are rewarded for it for the vast amount of options of how you want to run it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Last thing I need is another amp but, since getting the Neural DSP version, I can’t stop thinking about the Imperial :#