Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Genalex Gold lion 6v6gt valves. - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Genalex Gold lion 6v6gt valves.

What's Hot
markjmarkj Frets: 851
Anybody had experience of this brand of valves?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    They could be owned by Lee Anderton.
    I have no evidence whatsoever they are.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markjmarkj Frets: 851
    Sassafras said:
    They could be owned by Lee Anderton.
    I have no evidence whatsoever they are.
    I’m sure if he could he would.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markj said:
    Anybody had experience of this brand of valves?
    I had a set unused in the cupboard as a spare set for my modded 5e3 combo but not tried them yet. I've got a set of gold lion kt66s in another amp and they sounded far better than the previous tungsols and TAD ones
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Originals, or have they reissued them/used the brand name on valves which have little to nothing in common with the originals?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 385
    edited September 2023
    ICBM said:
    Originals, or have they reissued them/used the brand name on valves which have little to nothing in common with the originals?
    They’re reissues I believe. Hotrox sell them. I bought a pait of 6v6’s from a forum member and they sounded good.Better than the tung sols currently in the amp. But at £104 a pair, they’re a bit too spendy for me. At that price range I’d possibly look at the JAN Philips 6v6 but still out of my price range.
    where were the originals made? The repro’s are Russian new sensor  factory.
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • markjmarkj Frets: 851
    ICBM said:
    They’re reissues I believe. Hotrox sell them. I bought a pait of 6v6’s from a forum member and they sounded good.Better than the tung sols currently in the amp. But at £104 a pair, they’re a bit too spendy for me. At that price range I’d possibly look at the JAN Philips 6v6 but still out of my price range.
    where were the originals made? The repro’s are Russian new sensor  factory.
    I’ve got Tungsols fitted at the moment as they don’t come cheap.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    bandmaster188 said:

where were the originals made?
    Oldham.

I don't know anything about the reissues, other than that they aren't - just the name applied to modern valves. I'm not a fan of New Sensor valves really, even before the current political problem of buying anything from Russia.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson