Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Reverb Device Idea - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Reverb Device Idea

What's Hot
gubblegubble Frets: 1681
Having recently bought a Marshall Origin 20H I've now got to buy myself a reverb pedal. I don't want anything special , just a single reverb knob that's going to be always on - so I've gone for the cheapest thing on amazon and lets see how that works...

I also want to put it through the FX loop and it will be the only thing going through the FX loop.

I've had a product idea.....

• Size of a patch cable
  • Reverb unit / circuit in the middle
  • single in line control for the amount of reverb
  • built in rechargeable battery with USB port for charging
If such a think existed i'm sure it would sell well...

Has anyone else had this thought before?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    There were rechargeable pedals...err...the Red Witch Seven Sisters range. Don't make them anymore and didn't include a reverb. Can't think of anything closer.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wonder if @Danny1969 could fit a reverb circuit inside his Lion Tamer...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I think those Belton chips are too big to fit inside a cable.
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    You could probably manufacture something not much larger than a 9v battery, two jacks and a knob, or maybe a 18500 rechargeable battery. I’d think the problem would be the draw on the reverb DSP chip. I’m no pedal builder though so I’m sure someone has better info than I. 
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    Wonder if @Danny1969 could fit a reverb circuit inside his Lion Tamer...
    That’s a great shout! 

Shame we don’t have a way for an instrument cable or a TRS cable to carry power from the amp. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    HoF mini with a USB power bank and a bird cord vecroed to the back of the amp.
  • Wonder if @Danny1969 could fit a reverb circuit inside his Lion Tamer...
    I built one with Bluetooth in it for myself, those PCB's are very small so the current draw and battery is very small as well. 

You could plug a Nux Mighty Plug into the send socket and then wire the 3.5 stereo outputs ground to the ground of the loop return socket and the tip and ring to the loops signal contact via 2 resistors so they aren't directly connected. That would be fine for some nice reverbs and controllable from your phone but there's no way to switch off the software amps and just  have the reverb to my knowledge 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1681
    HoF mini with a USB power bank and a bird cord vecroed to the back of the amp.
    Did you spot my amazon parcel that arrived yesterday??? It's basically exactly that - albeit the  Sonic Cake Reverb from amazon...