Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NHS again - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NHS again

rlwrlw Frets: 4314
So, after waiting six weeks to see a dermatologist about the "mole" on my arm, I had my consultation today.

9.00 - Check-in
9.05 - Diagnosed as iffy so needs to be removed
9.08 - Surgery booked
9.10 - On my way home

Surgery booked for two days time....

It can work and when it does it's brilliant.

And having the hospital on your doorstep is even better.
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    That's encouraging to hear.

By contrast, Mrs O has a bad hip and is struggling to get about.  She'll get a telephone call in a little over two weeks.

Not so encouraging.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I've only had 2 unpleasant esperiences with hospitals.
    One was as a private patient, the other was as an NHS one.
    Either system can screw up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    From personal experience they can go like the clappers when they need to - I had a similar experience as the OP and have had nothing but great treatment. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    From personal experience they can go like the clappers when they need to - I had a similar experience as the OP and have had nothing but great treatment. 
    Exactly. Depends on the ailment. Suspected cancer they'll usually see you very quickly. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    GP surgery a joke......seems to open when the mood takes them .....stupid and belligerent Covid measures designed to prolong and justify easy life ; 3 months ago I was told I needed to come in to speak to the doctor.....got there and was sent into a cubicle with a phone and screen to discuss an issue with a man in an office directly above my head ....I could hear his voice through the floor louder than the screen !
    I could have done that from home or gone and had a proper doctor appointment.

Conversely, Barnet General Hospital.......Fantastic
    Went in with severe Haematuria ....no delays ,scans,siscoscopy ,consultation and test all done very quickly and extremely good consultant .He also noticed by chance on a scan that I have an Aortic Aneurism .....within weeks I was in Cardio and Vascular Consultants Offices and am headed for double Stenting after a few tests very shortly.
    They were excellent.

Hospitals are very good........local GP surgeries are a bit of a law unto themselves.