Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Beginner's YouTube Channel - Going from Dreadful to (hopefully) Decent - Plug My Stuff Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Beginner's YouTube Channel - Going from Dreadful to (hopefully) Decent

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    That F chord 'moment' is coming.....  wait for it ....  :#
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobb said:
    That F chord 'moment' is coming.....  wait for it ....  :#
    Weird that (probably) the first bar chord you learn is the toughest ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    If I don't play at all for a couple of weeks I get the same little dry tough peeling pads for a few days after I start again, and I do just as you have done i.e. emery board.

One thing you mentioned in your video is very true.  You will still be pressing down unneccesarily hard on the strings.  We have all done so during the learning stages and sometimes even after many years of playing we might find ourselves doing it after picking up a different guitar.  As you progress you will find yourself relaxing the death grip a bit.  One thing to watch out for, as you now move onto what will become barre chords, is a pain in the joint at the base of your left thumb.  You will naturally get some pain, but be aware of this and don't push on if it becomes a burning pain.  Take a break, warm your hand, move your fingers and thumb around gently opening and clenching, and rotate your thumb joint for a while before resuming.