Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Yamaha Revstar RSS02T - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Yamaha Revstar RSS02T

What's Hot
CleckoClecko Frets: 265
Wandering around on our last day of holiday today, I found myself missing my guitars. Google Maps to the rescue and half an hour later I was wandering into a very welcoming and well-stocked music shop. 

I tried a few things, most notably my first play of a Revstar since the London Guitar Show some years back. I liked the first run a lot, but found the necks too chunky. The 2022 series seem to have changed the neck profile quite a lot and apparently they suit me brilliantly. 

I tired a RSS02T - the P90s (ish) one. I now want a RSS02T. A lot. 

Also, if you’re ever in Salzburg, I highly recommend visiting https://www.keywi.com/
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FayeFaye Frets: 77
    The first series Revstars got it just right for me; I love the chunky neck, satin top, wrapover bridge, smaller body and nickel frets on my 502. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 265
    Loved all of those things but the neck profile seemed quite extreme for me. I tried to get over it because I wanted one badly! I knew it wouldn’t get much play though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FayeFaye Frets: 77
    Clecko said:
    Loved all of those things but the neck profile seemed quite extreme for me. I tried to get over it because I wanted one badly! I knew it wouldn’t get much play though. 
    I suppose it depends what you're used to, but i've seen a lot of people say they find it really comfortable. It's probably my first 'modern' neck profile guitar, coming from Gretsch and Gibson, so I'm finding the flat radius and big frets easy to play.  

Hopefully the new version will suit you better, then, if you decide to get one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I prefer the gen1 neck to gen2 but prefer everything else about gen2
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 265
    Faye said:
    Clecko said:
    I suppose it depends what you're used to, but i've seen a lot of people say they find it really comfortable. It's probably my first 'modern' neck profile guitar, coming from Gretsch and Gibson, so I'm finding the flat radius and big frets easy to play.  

Hopefully the new version will suit you better, then, if you decide to get one.
    I'm sooo tempted. I'd really like the goldtop one, but unfortunately it's only available in the Pro series. They're lovely guitars, but while the Standards seem superb value to me, I can't really se where the extra £1k goes with the Pro series.