Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). When your workmates find out you are in a band.... - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

When your workmates find out you are in a band....

What's Hot

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Very good!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    How does announcing in a news interview that you dislike your work colleagues help matters? I suppose that it saves the Punk Rock guy the effort of faking affability.
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    Very relatable. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    How does announcing in a news interview that you dislike your work colleagues help matters? I suppose that it saves the Punk Rock guy the effort of faking affability.
    Because it's satire?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I did not need to see this…

My band is playing at my company annual party next week.Almost no-one knows this is going to happen. Certainly not any of my coworkers.

I have no idea how this is going to go down. Eeek.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ha that's very good. A few of my colleagues know I play piano and sing a bit etc and I've had to ward it off similarly, there was talk of trying to get me to play and sing at a work social event and I think I actually said "I think i'd rather lick my own feet in front you guys" and thankfully they took it as a joke, even though I meant it most sincerely
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    loads of musicians have been through my place over the years. including some very successful ones. 
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    edited August 2023
    Ha that's very good. A few of my colleagues know I play piano and sing a bit etc and I've had to ward it off similarly, there was talk of trying to get me to play and sing at a work social event and I think I actually said "I think i'd rather lick my own feet in front you guys" and thankfully they took it as a joke, even though I meant it most sincerely
    Humblebrag! 

Half the people on here haven't seen their feet in decades.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    My work colleagues are my band!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I did not need to see this…

My band is playing at my company annual party next week.Almost no-one knows this is going to happen. Certainly not any of my coworkers.

Keep it lively and give them songs they'll like.  One of the partners at my firm arranged for his band to play at our Christmas party years ago... they started OK but then began playing really boring stuff (Phil Collins, Mike and the Mechanics etc) and someone from HR had to ask them to stop.  They were not happy.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    That last line in the linked page is hilarious.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    When your workmates find out you are a patched member of a 1% Motorcycle Club ?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_Q said:
    I did not need to see this…

Keep it lively and give them songs they'll like.  One of the partners at my firm arranged for his band to play at our Christmas party years ago... they started OK but then began playing really boring stuff (Phil Collins, Mike and the Mechanics etc) and someone from HR had to ask them to stop.  They were not happy.
    Hmm, I’m not sure the nice lady from HR that booked us to play knows what an “Anal Cunt covers band” actually is. Jeepers, they’re in for a good time…
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter