Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). First glimpse of Roger’s Dark Side re-working - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

First glimpse of Roger’s Dark Side re-working

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
Time and Money have been released on a single, available on a streaming service of your choice. 

Very odd stuff with vocals in the style of Lee Marvin crossed with William Shatner. A sprinkling of War Of The Worlds too perhaps. 

I like it, shouldn’t work at all but somehow it just does and does it well. 
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1499

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    edited August 2023
    I'll be playing them in the background today to see if they stick. Very interesting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    I found that exceptionally dreary. Not for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    Kilgore said:
    I found that exceptionally dreary. Not for me.
    Well of course it’s dreary. That’s Roger’s M.O. ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wish there were versions of both without the daft vocals. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've listened to both a couple of times and he just seems to have sucked the life out them.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    Some things best left alone...
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 698
    I'm not even going to listen to it.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3238
    Money kind of sounds like John Lewis asked Nick Cave and Tom Waits to do a Christmas ad soundtrack.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Shouldn't this be in Music rather than Off Topic...

Oh, hang on.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • If I'd done those, I'd have been very pleased with myself. Though I think the vocals need to be a bit more sung/melodic.
    Nice cover versions Roger.
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    fnpt said:
    +1 - I just don't even get why you would want to re-work such iconic tracks. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    relic245 said:
    fnpt said:
    +1 - I just don't even get why you would want to re-work such iconic tracks. 
    Because you’re the most self centred, narcissistic man on the face of the earth and you’re desperately clinging to a very long past relevance? 

The irony is not lost on me that I’m as far from a Waters fan as possible and I’m also in a very small minority that rather likes what he’s produced 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Bag of shite
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    I lasted 3 seconds before I had to turn it off. 
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1513
    edited August 2023
    Have to say, I do like his reworking of comfortably numb that he put out last year. It was used as the intro to his live gigs. Very dark!

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I think he's proving the opposite of what he wants to prove to be honest, that the involvement of Gilmour is overstated

Would be okay background music without the vocals in, or on a soundtrack where they want a different version of something

I don't think I'll get anything from it through foreground listening that I haven't already had from the original
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    He's literally doing this do piss David off.

And in doing so, proving to all that most listen to PF for DG's soaring brilliance, not Roger's interminable narcissism.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I had a listen.

Doesn't sound any better or worse than the original TBH.
  • khaotickhaotic Frets: 103
    Brio said:

That really is Unutterably shit
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Dark Side of the Ego.

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 169
    scrumhalf said:
    Dark Side of the Ego.

Isn't that the final cut? Awful album. 
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Another thread on this! I feel the need to post the same pic again ...

Seriously sh*te, boring music. It only gets any attention because of his history. If this was new music by a new artist it would be considered dirgesome garbage and tossed aside (in my opinion).

Proof if ever needed that Pink Floyd's brilliance was due to the sum of its parts. Roger is nowhere near as important as he thinks he is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 612
    I think he's out of time!

I'm a Floyd fan and Time is my favourite Floyd track ... FFS that almost undoes it's very essence and meaning.

As Ron Manager says,"Comprehension, Understanding, Nous and Tenacity"
    axisus said:
    Another thread on this! I feel the need to post the same pic 

Proof if ever needed that Pink Floyd's brilliance was due to the sum of its parts. Roger is nowhere near as important as he thinks he is. 
    Thankfully, he doesn't have the rights to the name and can't pass this shit off as 'Pink Floyd.'

Small mercies.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    He's expunging all the Gilmour stuff, original demo format of money and taking the iconic solos out of comfortably numb, basically re-writing history but then thats Rogers thing