Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Shout out to the lads at Music Bros Shrewsbury - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Shout out to the lads at Music Bros Shrewsbury

What's Hot
blobbblobb Frets: 2600
Back in mid wales for a funeral this weekend, popped into music bros in Shrews. and have to give a shout to the lads there for putting up with us causing chaos and keeping them late on a bank holiday with our comedy couple routine. Left with a 12 string acoustic for MsBlobb and a Hudson broadcast. Don’t know if they are on here but if you are, thanks for putting up with us. Currently sat outside the loopy Shrew playing tunes and annoying the locals. Thanks guys, a real tonic for us this weekend. Support your local shop, you can’t get this type service on line.
Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1043
    It's a great shop. I have browsed there from time to time when I am in the area. A very good choice of guitars - surprisingly so. Worth a visit for anyone in the area. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    Been in there a couple of times when in that area. A great independent shop with good stock. The guys working there are top blokes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    Not too far away (Wellington) is Music Vault - also well worth a visit and almost the total opposite of Music Bros in terms of stock - primarily S/H (with a focus on older/quirky stuff), rather than new gear.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Not too far away (Wellington) is Music Vault - also well worth a visit and almost the total opposite of Music Bros in terms of stock - primarily S/H (with a focus on older/quirky stuff), rather than new gear.
    Not that you'd know anything about that
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited August 2023
    roberty said:
    Now, I understand H7's most recent house move!
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    roberty said:
    Of course I do! Jake’s an old friend.

Plus, IMHO - no disrespect intended, but Music Bros is like walking into the Fender Website (nothing wrong with that, if you like brand new gear), whereas shops like Music Vault (and indeed TR Music in Walsall, The Rhythm House in Hanley, etc) have a real old-school vibe with much more funky used gear.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    Agreed, not normally my type of shop. I've spent my fair share of cash supporting Mid Wales Music since I bought my first guitar there when I was 15. I was more on about a couple of lads who went the extra mile to make a tough day a little easier for me and my family. That's not really a comment about the shop stock, that's their business choice to make. I hope they do well. Not been to the shop in Wellington though, must make the time next time I'm down that way.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'